Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

4 hours ago, gravitylover said:

On 9D? I bet that if you went over the hill there would be more up top.

Yep, and I don't doubt that at all based on the other reports I've seen. I was pretty surprised at how deep it was just along the stretch from Anthony's Nose to Sugarloaf south... looked like a real snowstorm for a while.

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

There's an outside chance that @CPcantmeasuresnow hits 100 I think. We'll do C-2" Friday morning, Saturday afternoon has low-end warning criteria potential with southern parts of the HV favored, and I still think early next week is primed for a blue bomb. 1.4", 6.1", 9.4"... it can be done.

85-90" in southeastern O.C with the potential for 100". Def the weenie spot for the tristate. I think they are already at 09-10 amounts. Could surpass 02-03

• Like 1

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service New York NY
922 AM EDT Sun Apr 8 2018

CTZ005>012-NJZ002-004-006-103>108-NYZ067>075-078>081-176>179-
082300-
Northern Fairfield-Northern New Haven-Northern Middlesex-
Northern New London-Southern Fairfield-Southern New Haven-
Southern Middlesex-Southern New London-Western Passaic-
Eastern Passaic-Hudson-Western Bergen-Eastern Bergen-
Western Essex-Eastern Essex-Western Union-Eastern Union-Orange-
Putnam-Rockland-Northern Westchester-Southern Westchester-
New York (Manhattan)-Bronx-Richmond (Staten Island)-
Kings (Brooklyn)-Northwestern Suffolk-Northeastern Suffolk-
Southwestern Suffolk-Southeastern Suffolk-Northern Queens-
Northern Nassau-Southern Queens-Southern Nassau-
922 AM EDT Sun Apr 8 2018

...Enhanced Threat for Fire Spread Today...

The relative humidity values are forecast to lower to around 25%
late this morning, and remain below 30% through this afternoon.
In addition, north to northwest winds will increase to 10 to 15
MPH with occasional gusts to around 25 MPH. As a result of these
conditions there will be an enhanced threat for fire spread late
this morning and this afternoon.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I'm officially at wit's end with this bitter, raw, blustery weather. Just constantly chilled to the bone. HHH not necessary or desired but I need a few mild days here.

Tell me about it.  Not looking for anything crazy, but let's at least get into the 70's.

7 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

Tell me about it.  Not looking for anything crazy, but let's at least get into the 70's.

Yup. To be fair, you wouldn't expect consistent 70s for another 5 weeks or so (at least up here) but even current climo, which reaches 60 for highs in a few days at POU, would be a massive improvement if sunny. Most years I'd be relishing a protracted cool season like this... for some reason it's just really grinding me down this time around. The total lack of any signs of plant life may be part of it, I guess.

6 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Yup. To be fair, you wouldn't expect consistent 70s for another 5 weeks or so (at least up here) but even current climo, which reaches 60 for highs in a few days at POU, would be a massive improvement if sunny. Most years I'd be relishing a protracted cool season like this... for some reason it's just really grinding me down this time around. The total lack of any signs of plant life may be part of it, I guess.

The average high temp doesn’t even reach 70 in NYC until May 11.  It amazes me each year that people begin the I want 70’s chant earlier and earlier. A few days here and there yes but consistently around here not until mid to late May. 

6 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Yeah, I have pics from April 2016,  and things were really blooming by now.  Still has a barren and cold feel out there.

21 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

The average high temp doesn’t even reach 70 in NYC until May 11.  It amazes me each year that people begin the I want 70’s chant earlier and earlier. A few days here and there yes but consistently around here not until mid to late May. 

Well I don't expect consistent 70's yet, it's too early.  This weekend (Fri-Sat) is a good example of what I'm looking for.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I'm officially at wit's end with this bitter, raw, blustery weather. Just constantly chilled to the bone. HHH not necessary or desired but I need a few mild days here.

It’s funny that you and I snapped around the same time as I was bitching over the past few days that I’m done with this crap. Although I did warm up rather quickly raking parts of the yard for a second time yesterday...but then I walked outside later in the day and got a chill and thought this is just plain stupid at this point. 

17 hours ago, Nibor said:

Hiked up Overlook Mountain yesterday. 

79F44D5B-4686-49EC-AAA7-C6074D42104B.thumb.jpeg.185ba24d4436a6fe3c97056ada0e0317.jpeg

It's still late winter up there huh. What's the elevation of that bowl below you?

12 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Yup me too. I've mostly lost my desire to do outside things because I'm tired of being cold. I know I'll warm up as I get going but don't feel like dealing with it.

11 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Most years I'd be relishing a protracted cool season like this... for some reason it's just really grinding me down this time around. The total lack of any signs of plant life may be part of it, I guess.

Age ;) 

4 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

It’s funny that you and I snapped around the same time as I was bitching over the past few days that I’m done with this crap. Although I did warm up rather quickly raking parts of the yard for a second time yesterday...but then I walked outside later in the day and got a chill and thought this is just plain stupid at this point. 

I started the second round of yard cleanup but when it started flurrying I gave up and went in for a beer.

At this point I want a 60 degree afternoon and I'll set up in the sheltered top of the driveway and do some woodwork projects I've been putting off and then maybe wash one of the cars. As long as I don't look at the mostly unbudded trees and bushes I think I'll be ok. 

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

It's still late winter up there huh. What's the elevation of that bowl below you?

There was about 4-6 inches of snow pack. Overlook is just over 3000’. If I had to guess everything in the valley below is under 500’. This summer I’m planning to hike as many of the 3500 footer high peaks in the Catskills as I can. 

• Like 2

I had the tiniest little bit left late this afternoon when I came home. Just up the hill from me are a couple of houses with really steep north facing front yards and their piles were still more than 2 feet high and 10-15 feet long. I'm really curious to see if they make it through the day tomorrow. If they are still there late tomorrow afternoon I might have to stop and make the last snowball of the season :) 

• Like 1

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018