Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

16 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

I'm heavy snow the last hour and I'm south and east of a lot of you at elevation 600 feet. Weird storm so far, hard to believe up by Middletown has mixing issues now, just goes to show expect anything.

Haven't measured yet but grass is completely covered. At least 2-2.5 inches.

All rain here and I have more elevation than you. I have never seen this in my life. Literally 2 miles to my west at about 1000' it flips like a switch. Heavy snow there with 3-4" otg.

Carnage up here in the Catskills. About 8" of cement when I left Shandaken a couple hours ago after power went out and trees/limbs started coming down every few minutes. Headed up the hill to Jewett where it's a somewhat fluffier snow, and there's already a couple feet of it. Epic! No idea what it's doing at home and I honestly don't care. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, eduggs said:

Its seems like the storms with the strongest mid-level winds tend to have weird localized temp gradients.  Weaker storms with weak mid-levels tend to have a more typical elevation and latitudinally dependent temperature gradient.

Ive never experienced that at my current location before. Port Jervis is down around 400' and there is 4" there. Greenville turnpike on Greenville Mtn ( 1300') has 7" right now. Im at 850' and have 1"

10 minutes ago, snywx said:

Ive never experienced that at my current location before. Port Jervis is down around 400' and there is 4" there. Greenville turnpike on Greenville Mtn ( 1300') has 7" right now. Im at 850' and have 1"

When the winds kick up hope it scours out that warm tounge that is killing you. Temp 33 here.

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018