Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

8 minutes ago, snywx said:

Starting to get a few flakes mixed in with the sleet. Sleet accumulating now

9 minutes ago, snywx said:

Starting to get a few flakes mixed in with the sleet. Sleet accumulating now

Flakes are just starting to mix in here. Flipped to pingers about 1/2 an hour ago. 34/34

3 hours ago, snywx said:

What's everyone's ytd snowfall so far? I would suspect most are within 15" of average

34.7". I never know what to call my average, but I'd be just north of the weenie 55-60" spot at the far upper left part of this map. I wish I knew this guy's method for making these graphics... it seems sort of pointless to have that much resolution, but it sure is pretty to look at.

Map20final-X3.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

34.7". I never know what to call my average, but I'd be just north of the weenie 55-60" spot at the far upper left part of this map. I wish I knew this guy's method for making these graphics... it seems sort of pointless to have that much resolution, but it sure is pretty to look at.

Map20final-X3.jpg

As detailed as those maps were I always found them quite accurate for O.C. I can easily see Schunemunk Mtn & parts of the Hudson Highlands in eastern O.C averaging close to 60"

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

You expect me to run these scientific calculations on a weekend??  Nah. But anecdotaly at this point in the evening I believe you to be correct. 

lol.. I assumed you would say you are at 31.96453" ytd

• Like 1

Using a composite from sites within 20 miles of my house puts me at 29". That's about 19" below average for the 22 years that I've lived here. Bringing that back to the early 70's I'd be about 13" below average. If the hype for the next few weeks is right there may just be a chance to get to average. The number of days of consistent snowcover is pretty weak though. 

My friend just sold her weekend home in central Pike County and wants to buy another home  closer to the city probably in Orange County.  I told her places like Harriman and Monroe are probably much more expensive than going further west in Orange County.  i know the 17 corridor a bit and i was thinking maybe Goshen or somewhere close to there.  She probably won't want to go much further west than Middletown.  Any suggestions on where she should look?

1 hour ago, Northwest NJ said:

My friend just sold her weekend home in central Pike County and wants to buy another home  closer to the city probably in Orange County.  I told her places like Harriman and Monroe are probably much more expensive than going further west in Orange County.  i know the 17 corridor a bit and i was thinking maybe Goshen or somewhere close to there.  She probably won't want to go much further west than Middletown.  Any suggestions on where she should look?

Goshen has some nice areas. Also a nice down town in the summer, farmers market, eateries etc. also, you're between Woodbury commons and Middletown for shopping.

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018