Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I'm kind of surprised that the snow didn't nearly vanish yesterday with as warm as it got and the warm ground underneath.  If it stays sunny today and rains tonight it's cooked. Nice while it's here though...

I'm actually surprised mine went away so fast.  I have bare spots already.  

9 hours ago, JerseyWx said:

I'm actually surprised mine went away so fast.  I have bare spots already.  

Yeah there were a few bare spots when the clouds moved in around noon but I'd still have called it 95% cover. I just got home a little while ago and it's down to about 50% but judging by how dense the fog is and how warm the rain is I'm guessing it's gone by early tomorrow. 

What an ugly forecast for the week, rain and fog pretty much all the way through. Yuck :( 

8 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Yeah there were a few bare spots when the clouds moved in around noon but I'd still have called it 95% cover. I just got home a little while ago and it's down to about 50% but judging by how dense the fog is and how warm the rain is I'm guessing it's gone by early tomorrow. 

What an ugly forecast for the week, rain and fog pretty much all the way through. Yuck :( 

Yeah, the month looks to close out very wet.  Lots of rain chances.

14 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

We 1-3" on Thursday night

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

No no no, it's all about snow totals. I guess you missed the memo  :lol: 

Speaking of fog, that sure was a sketchy ride home last night and this morning ought to be nearly as much fun.

I'm starting to grow fond of all the fog we've had this winter. It makes it so you can't see all the potholes you're about to hit... out of sight, out of mind. :)

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I'm starting to grow fond of all the fog we've had this winter. It makes it so you can't see all the potholes you're about to hit... out of sight, out of mind. :)

Good point.

It also blurs the sight of the rapidly melting snow which is just about history this morning.

Still some chunks of leftover ice at Long Dock Park in Beacon as of this morning, but even over the course of an hour you could actually see them shrinking in the wind and soupy dews. Sort of reminded me of the Icelandic black sand beaches with the melting ice formations and dense fog.

The warmth today should be really impressive. Still cloudy here, but satellite shows the low stratus quickly eroding away. It was only 45F at 9 am yesterday and I went to a high of 68... currently 58F.

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018