Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

46 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Pretty much no snow here and most of the ice has gone away other than a few spots where it was super thick, even most of the parking lot snowbanks are gone. 

I have to drive up to Poughkeepsie in about an hour and it looks like it's right around freezing north of 84. Is it getting icy again on the roads?

I just drove down to Peekskill and never encountered any slickness, just impregnable fog almost all the way down the Taconic... which of courses gives everyone the right to straddle the middle stripe and slam on their brakes at will. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I just drove down to Peekskill and never encountered any slickness, just impregnable fog almost all the way down the Taconic... which of courses gives everyone the right to straddle the middle stripe and slam on their brakes at will. 

Yeah it was ~34-35 so no ice but that fog WOW. What a waste of (another) winter week ahead.

If anyone is heading south on Noxon Rd there's a bone jarring pothole that your right front wheel will hit so hard you'll think the front end of the car is going to get torn off. With the fog and glare from oncoming headlights there was no way to see it. The car needs a new front tire now :( Of course it being a Subaru with 20k on the tires probably means 4 new tires :weep:

23 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Winter ongoing this morning, a good number of accidents being reported along with some road closures and heavy delays. 

Even down here some of the side roads were slick. It must have been 50 degree ice though, as we were told the now trustworthy gfs had no below freezing temps from the 10th onward. Weird.

• Like 1

Yup, opened the door for the dogs to go out and one of them hit the ground almost right away. The look on her face was a combination of confusion and disappointment.

So what's the story with Saturday night? How far up will the line be and is it going to snow all the way into interior New England? I have to be in Littleton NH by 10am on Sunday and would rather not have the 300 miles take all night to get there.

Since you’ll be up there...ever consider bootlegging?  I’d love some Woodstock Inn  Brewery Pigs Ear Brown Ale and/or their Red Rack Ale. If you see the Maple Porter available, go ahead and pick me up some of that too. Do you prefer PayPal or Venmo?  LOL. Too early on Saturday to say, let’s see what the 12zs day today. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Since you’ll be up there...ever consider bootlegging?  I’d love some Woodstock Inn  Brewery Pigs Ear Brown Ale and/or their Red Rack Ale. If you see the Maple Porter available, go ahead and pick me up some of that too. Do you prefer PayPal or Venmo?  LOL. Too early on Saturday to say, let’s see what the 12zs day today. 

Haha. It's a rare trip that I don't bring home something alcoholic. Ya know, a growler of this or a growler of that and because VT and NH have state liquor stores they usually have the best prices on things like Rum. Last time I got a bottle of Bacardi Black for less than $10 and I usually get tequila for about the same. I think this time I'll be looking for a maple bourbon or similar.

8 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Partial to the Old Man Stout myself.

• Like 1

I had to pull my car onto the front few feet of the lawn yesterday to shuffle cars around in the driveway and it got stuck in the mud :( What a pain in the butt pulling it out with the Durango by myself. Want to know what pissed off neighbors is all about? Try blocking a dead end street for 15 minutes...

So 2-4 Saturday night or more?

51 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I had to pull my car onto the front few feet of the lawn yesterday to shuffle cars around in the driveway and it got stuck in the mud :( What a pain in the butt pulling it out with the Durango by myself. Want to know what pissed off neighbors is all about? Try blocking a dead end street for 15 minutes...

So 2-4 Saturday night or more?

No one thought to help you to get the job done quicker, nice neighbors you have there.

34 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

No one thought to help you to get the job done quicker, nice neighbors you have there.

Nah it was moms picking the kiddies up from the bus. Heaven forbid they do something nice for someone especially if it means getting their precious hands dirty. They're all b*tches anyway so I expected nothing.

Beautiful fog out there this morning :wacko: 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

NAM is much more robust compared to 12z, so that's nice to see. Early risers FTW on Sunday morning since we're into the mid-40s under full sun by noon. 

Upton posted WSW for Orange and Putnam counties in their afternoon package. Saying a general 4-6". We'll see what the 00z runs do. 

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018