Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

On 1/18/2018 at 1:03 PM, Juliancolton said:

The folks who promised no more accumulating snow for the rest of the month would be stripped of their meteorology license if the 12z GGEM had its way.

Hmmmmmm

52 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

.52313"

Pics of your snow ruler please, I'm sure we all are interested to see it.

3 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Fark I thought it was tonight :(  Last night I woke up and went to the bathroom, looked out the window and thought to myself that the moon wasn't as bright as earlier in the night and didn't even give it a second thought :wacko::rolleyes:

This was probably the smart choice. :lol: I was out of bed by 4 to meet up with some photog friends along the river. We could appreciate the novelty of it but I wouldn't be able to convince anyone that they missed out on something special by sleeping in.

10 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

This was probably the smart choice. :lol: I was out of bed by 4 to meet up with some photog friends along the river. We could appreciate the novelty of it but I wouldn't be able to convince anyone that they missed out on something special by sleeping in.

Yeah but I had been looking forward to it for a few months. Ahh well, gonna have to live another 79 years so I can see the next one :tomato:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Yeah but I had been looking forward to it for a few months. Ahh well, gonna have to live another 79 years so I can see the next one :tomato:

The better eclipse by far for around here is under a year away in late January 2019, so all is well. The supermoon business is a bunch of malarkey... even the most trained eye can't tell the difference between the moon at perigee and average distance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

The better eclipse by far for around here is under a year away in late January 2019, so all is well. The supermoon business is a bunch of malarkey... even the most trained eye can't tell the difference between the moon at perigee and average distance.

When @BxEngine sees my super moon he'll beg to differ.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Yeah, morale is low... we need something to break in our favor. We're treading ever deeper into "sh** or get off the pot" territory with this winter.

This winter started out well now most in the interior are in the negative territory. Hopefully this upcoming event breaks in our favor

I've got 33* white rain. It started out this afternoon at 42 degrees and steadily dropped through the mid 30's but stopped just short of sufficient right about as it melted what was left of the inch from the other day. Hopefully we can drop another couple all the way through the column and turn this into something good.

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018