Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

13 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

All kinds of watches and warnings in the Northeast. Flooding and Winter Storm watches/warnings at the same time is always interesting, no shortage of weather today.

Yeah, I don't mind a torchy rainstorm if it means the NWS map gets lit up with statements like it is now... it's better than dry and seasonably cold while watching the snow sublimate at half a centimeter per day. I will say though that it feels like I should have more rain than I do. It's been showers all morning and I'm at like 0.15".

• Like 1

Wow, just saw this in the PA thread

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Pittsburgh PA
216 PM EST Fri Jan 12 2018

...SIGNIFICANT FLOODING CONTINUES AS ARCTIC BLAST AND WINTER
STORM ARRIVES...

.SYNOPSIS...

Temperatures will fall sharply as arctic air pushed into the
region. Rain will change sleet and freezing rain late today and
this evening, then eventually snow tonight. Significant
accumulations of snow and ice are expected. Bitterly cold air
will remain in place for the weekend into early next week.

&&

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/...
Powerful arctic front slamming through the CWA as of this
writing. Temperatures fall a whopping 25F (61 to 38F here at WFO
PBZ in 45 minutes) in the first hour post-FROPA, and then a
steadily decline thereafter!! This places the western CWA below
freezing by mid afternoon, I-79 corridor by 6PM, and the eastern
mountains by 9 PM.

7 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

WWA posted for tomorrow morning and the DP is currently 61.  Just plain stupid.

64/63 here with 0.93 in the bucket so far. Well I guess they will be spreading salt on the roads tonight since it was all washed off. Stupid it is. We will work again on the snowpack Tuesday 

• Like 1

It's snowing :) 

What a horrible day yesterday was. Man, it rained so hard a few times, 1.99" total. No snow left at all but there's lots of mud. The top surface of the ground completely thawed but it's still frozen underneath so there's a ton of standing water that's in the process of freezing up now. The roads are still soaked and there's no salt left at all so as this snow falls and the temp drops the whole place is going to turn into one big block of ice :( 

23 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

It's snowing :) 

What a horrible day yesterday was. Man, it rained so hard a few times, 1.99" total. No snow left at all but there's lots of mud. The top surface of the ground completely thawed but it's still frozen underneath so there's a ton of standing water that's in the process of freezing up now. The roads are still soaked and there's no salt left at all so as this snow falls and the temp drops the whole place is going to turn into one big block of ice :( 

Between the wind and the rapidly dropping dews I think the roads here will be dry in no time. Of course any spot that has any water running across it or a puddle will be a different story 

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

Between the wind and the rapidly dropping dews I think the roads here will be dry in no time. Of course any spot that has any water running across it or a puddle will be a different story 

I've been out and about all morning and the roads aren't drying at all just glazing over. It keeps snowing on and off keeping them wet. It's snowing lightly again now and the temp is down to 30 and my driveway is already frozen on the shady side.

29 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I've been out and about all morning and the roads aren't drying at all just glazing over. It keeps snowing on and off keeping them wet. It's snowing lightly again now and the temp is down to 30 and my driveway is already frozen on the shady side.

Full sun and blue skies headin your way.

45 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

The Wallkill is up at least 3 feet from yesterday at 5pm, with chunks of ice now all over. I also recommend if you haven’t already go open your car doors, two of mine are frozen for the first time ever. 

A429C39A-F0DB-4255-A3AC-A11E914F2233.png

And just like that the ice cleared out and the water has dropped at least 6” and continues to drop

BCF05634-2382-422A-B32B-E15842640A52.jpeg

Friday afternoon when we were moving the old man into his new place I saw 64 on the dashboard. 58 degree drop in ~30 hours! Yeehaa :tomato:

I think a couple of spots up north win though, Burlington was 61 on Friday and below 0 last night. There were probably a few even more dramatic I just haven't looked.

It's fkn cold out there now. I'm loading the car to move the kids and only good for a few minutes at a time before my hands give up and say 'back inside old boy'

54 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Friday afternoon when we were moving the old man into his new place I saw 64 on the dashboard. 58 degree drop in ~30 hours! Yeehaa :tomato:

I think a couple of spots up north win though, Burlington was 61 on Friday and below 0 last night. There were probably a few even more dramatic I just haven't looked.

It's fkn cold out there now. I'm loading the car to move the kids and only good for a few minutes at a time before my hands give up and say 'back inside old boy'

I had to do that a couple times with my boys, it’s great when they are older and move themselves in during August LOL

• Like 1

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018