Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

2 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

36F with drizzle, lovely. On the plus side, glad to see the ineludible Christmas torch is starting to take shape on the horizon. You'd know something was seriously wrong otherwise.

jJ8cINt.png

12z GFS showing temps around 40 early Christmas morning, oh how we hope that changes.

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

12z GFS showing temps around 40 early Christmas morning, oh how we hope that changes.

That was just an atrocious run all around. Hopefully we can get one more snowy system to pop up in the next 7 to 10 days before the trough migrates west.

If this is how it's gonna be from now on, I guess I should ask Santa for a mountain bike... :)

7 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

That was just an atrocious run all around. Hopefully we can get one more snowy system to pop up in the next 7 to 10 days before the trough migrates west.

If this is how it's gonna be from now on, I guess I should ask Santa for a mountain bike... :)

Well yeah, everybody should have a mountain bike or three. It's good for ones soul.

No snow here, just clouds :( 

8 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Well yeah, everybody should have a mountain bike or three. It's good for ones soul.

No snow here, just clouds :( 

I still ride my BMX bike from when I was a kid.  Very good exercise.

Had a really light dusting of snow last night, not even enough to measure.  

9 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Yeah, snow growth looks good. The whining from co-workers, parents, and drugstore clerks is really gonna start ramping up if we wake up to plowable tomorrow.

I saw whining on Facebook yesterday from a teacher over in Millbrook actually, complaining about her and her kids waking up and having to go to school when they get expected a snow day. Why they expected a snow day yesterday I’m not sure. 

35 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I saw whining on Facebook yesterday from a teacher over in Millbrook actually, complaining about her and her kids waking up and having to go to school when they get expected a snow day. Why they expected a snow day yesterday I’m not sure. 

:lol: For some reason students and educators alike pay close attention to the twitter musings of Ben Noll, and last week he said there was a 60% of a snow day yesterday in the Hudson Valley. I don't know how he figures those odds but folks in town here were really counting on their day off. I can understand the kids being bummed out, but while I have great respect for the work that teachers do, I don't get why some seem to feel they're entitled to be spared a day's work because somebody said frozen water would fall from the sky.

• Like 1

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018