Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

6 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Upton had a forecasted low for me of 10, only got down to 20 which ties the record IMBY.  Can’t really complain though cause thats still plenty cold for this time of the season. 

Yeah same here, 20. Had 19 Friday night, high also was only 35 yesterday. Took all day but just got the Davis back up and running so I don't have to use a Walmart hygrometer anymore. Although I don't think the accuracy is any better in the Davis. Fully ready for the winter now. Can't measure snow like you can but have a pretty decent melter I built from Home Depot. Turns off after like 8h, must be a fix. But that's usually enough for most storms.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Son of a b**ch.  Mix of sleet and rain here all morning, no accumulation.  

You can tell that I'm right on the cusp of mixing by how aggregated the flakes are... but as long as it stays snow, that really works in the favor of accums. Sucks that this pleaseant surprise isn't being shared by more across the region. 

36 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Boooo. What's your temp? 

33 here, about .3" on the board and still falling  

Hovering between 35<>38. From the webcams I can find active this morning it looks like the wet/white line is around Wingdale/Dover Plains. I'd be curious to see what it's like over the higher terrain but there aren't any cams over about 700 feet that I can find.

Nope, that's what she was saying, including the image of her mother covered in blood.  Her mom was there for a bake sale and while not injured she was one of the first to start helping the kids that were injured.  I've written in the past on here how its a day that I'll never forget as a senior in high school at NFA.   

37 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Nope, that's what she was saying, including the image of her mother covered in blood.  Her mom was there for a bake sale and while not injured she was one of the first to start helping the kids that were injured.  I've written in the past on here how its a day that I'll never forget as a senior in high school at NFA.   

Didn't live in the area, I was a HS senior down in the philly burbs but I remember the story well, it made news everywhere.  That storm front was the usher to the bitter cold Nov/Dec 1989....

I had to make another quick round trip to the NEK yesterday and it sure was nice to see winter and drive while snow was falling during the day. The roads were pretty much dry but I'm glad I swapped to the winter wheels/tires on Thursday because with temps in the 20's my summer tires would have been like hockey pucks on the cold pavement. Looks like some snow potential around here in the fairly near future :) 

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018