• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
End of July Super Soaker

Ellinwood

Congrats on all the rain and on an excellent jebwalk. You might get trowal rain on top of that later.

The great thing about a late night jebwalk is that you can indulge yourself, get into the floodwaters, swim around, walk thru all the big puddles you can find, and no one ever sees you. You enjoy the full immersive experience. You'll remember this for the rest of your life! Experience the heavy rain disaster The Jebman Way!!

This is what I do in winter in a big blizzard: I wait til 3am, then roll around in deep snow, walk in other peoples snow, enjoy all the big drifts, basically be a big deep snow HOG. I get away with all kinds of crazy behavior in the snow and everyone else is perfectly normal, they are all deep asleep blowing Zzzzs while I enjoy all the snow on MY TERMS.

Do this in the summer in the catastrophic flooding and in the winter in huge deep blizzards. You'll have EPIC storm memories for the rest of your life! Teach this to your kids too!

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jebman said:

Dont look now, but the ULL is over northern West Virginia and all that rain is moving SOUTHEAST --- Right toward us.

Right onto saturated ground!

I'll be loving it!

And the rich get richer...lol.

I ended up with a 5 minute rain shower for a whopping 0.01" from the event. It was kind of amazing. The heavier and steadier rain got to within about 10-20 miles from my doorstep then retrograded west-southwestward toward the developing (or maybe the upper level) low. Frustrating in a sense, but certainly fascinating to watch.

4.0 total here, with almost half of that in just a couple hours in the very heavy first round late yesterday morning.  That was the best part with some close lightning.

After such a dry June (1.4), July total is now 9.3.

Unrelated note:  a friend went to Lake Placid yesterday to visit family -- the low last night there was 39! :huh:

11 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Still, pretty rapid redevelopment in the NW NEAR THE MD line. Round 2 getting it's act together for a showery day.

You did very well MN. A lot of what you got was with the appetizer, ironically. 

Yeah, you actually did much better than me after the initial batch.  Glad it finally rained down there!

My rain guage is a clean 5 gal bucket.  Accordingly we had just at 6 inches of rain here in lower Delaware.  There was a band that came through about 4 am.  I have rarely heard such a downpour.  Fortunately it was so dry here that most of the rain soaked right in.  I am sure there are going to be problems but it could have been worse for sure.  We will see what today brings.

IMG_2058.thumb.JPG.47cfd65b26e6de10916bea506bf309c7.JPG

24 minutes ago, SlowerLowerDE said:

My rain guage is a clean 5 gal bucket.  Accordingly we had just at 6 inches of rain here in lower Delaware.  There was a band that came through about 4 am.  I have rarely heard such a downpour.  Fortunately it was so dry here that most of the rain soaked right in.  I am sure there are going to be problems but it could have been worse for sure.  We will see what today brings.

IMG_2058.thumb.JPG.47cfd65b26e6de10916bea506bf309c7.JPG

Reminds me of snow measurement.

We kept on about a winter-style noreaster, so...SLD measured it that way. Pretty impressive.

I had 1.35 ovrnt on the electric gauge. Haven't dumped the official one yet, but it's close.

29 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Didn't you have a double-digit June too?

No I only had 2.57" this past June, and nearly all of that was from the 6/19 storm. I did make a couple posts awhile back about how this pattern reminded me of June 2015 (where I did have a double digit total), so maybe you're confusing it with that.

I've only lived here 3.5 years and I've had three double-digit months (June 2015, May 2016, and September 2016) which is unbelievable when you think about it...

35 minutes ago, GramaxRefugee said:

Reminds me of snow measurement.

We kept on about a winter-style noreaster, so...SLD measured it that way. Pretty impressive.

I had 1.35 ovrnt on the electric gauge. Haven't dumped the official one yet, but it's close.

IDK if this is accurate or not.  My "Accurate" gauge broke.  I need advice on buying a new rain guage.

11 minutes ago, SlowerLowerDE said:

IDK if this is accurate or not.  My "Accurate" gauge broke.  I need advice on buying a new rain guage.

MN Transplant gave me info a couple of years ago for the Cocorahs network. Even if you don't want to report on the network, their gauge is really good.

https://www.cocorahs.org/Content.aspx?page=store

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived