Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
End of July Super Soaker

Ellinwood

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Strikes showing up near PIT with the back edge. Very dynamic system getting underway. I might stay up late for fun. lol

oh i'm definitely keyed in on this one.  this summer has been dull weather-wise.  if we're not getting a derecho i'll take an upper level low deep sea fishing into the mid-atlantic in late july.

11 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I would say the hrrr is underdone right now with that feature. It will probably juice up overnight. I suspect the 0z meso runs will hold. The upper level setup is really good for some backside heavy rain. 

I don't use the HRRR enough to make a sweeping judgement, but it's been awful out here on a regular basis.  Winter and this summer.  It's latest run says there should be no rain here now.  If I went outside and took a breath I'd drown.

7 minutes ago, southmdwatcher said:

This system is filling precipitation in behind the initial batch WAY too quickly, and the radar matches models and the dire predictions from the WPC forecasters from earlier....so far. It is only a matter of what location gets the jackpot of a flood overnight. Not one I would root for.

true, though i'm wondering if that's also an indication of a quicker exit.

Even if the storm performs tomorrow on the back side, all the good stuff is over the next 4-6 hours. Tomorrow would just be boring rain and no damn bursting, stream over the banking, house floating, and road eroding kinda stuff. That's why we're all here. Damage and destruction or bust. 

I think EJ hacked my brain. 

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Even if the storm performs tomorrow on the back side, all the good stuff is over the next 4-6 hours. Tomorrow would just be boring rain and no damn bursting, stream over the banking, house floating, and road eroding kinda stuff. That's why we're all here. Damage and destruction or bust. 

I think EJ hacked my brain. 

it does look like it's high tailing it, but maybe it slows down and pivots or something lol.  radar trends looks like it could be over by early morning.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived