joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
End of July Super Soaker

Ellinwood

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna be interesting to see how it unfolds.  Florida level downpours for a few hrs in a creek filled area like this is gonna cause some problems.  It's not common to have that duration. Our heavy backyard summer rainers are usually isolated and over after a few minutes.

Just now, 87storms said:

looks like things are about to get legit very soon.  radar is popping again.  question is how long does the mod/heavy stuff last.

This is good fun... almost like tracking a snowstorm until you step outside. 

I wonder how the wrap-around will go tomorrow. The 3k NAM is very aggressive with it while the HRRR is much less enthused. 

4 minutes ago, hosj III said:

I wonder how the wrap-around will go tomorrow. The 3k NAM is very aggressive with it while the HRRR is much less enthused. 

yea i've given trying to predict all that.  patience is the key for this system just like the winter storms.  it wouldn't surprise me if this system takes its sweet time getting out of here although if we can breaks in the clouds between waves now i would think we could tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

The shield moving into the wv panhandle is getting busy. Hoping it produces some CG as it moves through. Dynamics definitely getting their act together. Nice. 

yea, there was some thunder in the bands earlier, so maybe we can get a few fireworks with this next round.

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The shield moving into the wv panhandle is getting busy. Hoping it produces some CG as it moves through. Dynamics definitely getting their act together. Nice. 

Radar filling in quickly where there was a bit of a gap.

7 minutes ago, hosj III said:

I would say the hrrr is underdone right now with that feature. It will probably juice up overnight. I suspect the 0z meso runs will hold. The upper level setup is really good for some backside heavy rain. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived