SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
End of July Super Soaker

Ellinwood

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a nice downpour here in Charlottesville. One of the reporting stations had a rain rate of 6.13" per hour at one point! Another one close by had 4.2" per hour. Definitely some impressive rains to be had out there with more bands expected to develop later tonight. Specially when the band that just went through here gets near Culpeper in the next few hours. Going to be quite the rain event for y'all up there. 

11 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

It is no Lee, but still fun radar watching today.  My basement only gets water in mechanical failures, so as long as my plumbing, water heater, and whole-house humidifer are in working order, bring on the flood!

I agree that the radar is cool to watch, so I can't complain there.

It's only happened to me once, but I don't feel like pushing it again. Wife and I have recently been talking about getting the sump pump setup upgraded, so this is hitting home again.

It's going to be interesting to see how this thing really comes together. I wonder how the folks up North around NE Fairfax into Maryland are going to do with the stratiform portion of the system. Are those bonus rains "The Show ", or is it going to just dog pile on top? I know where my rain is coming from and I will have it within the hour. That's where I will get my one or 2". 

3 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

It's going to be interesting to see how this thing really comes together. I wonder how the folks up North around NE Fairfax into Maryland are going to do with the stratiform portion of the system. Are those bonus rains "The Show ", or is it going to just dog pile on top? I know where my rain is coming from and I will have it within the hour. That's where I will get my one or 2". 

Maryland is going to get Dogpiled. The entire state. The stratiform rains will get them too. Record books will be rewritten for them after this is done.

Anyone in MD had enough rain yet? Just drive on down to Woodbridge. You'll catch a break, lol

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

My local forecast on wunderground just went from 3-4" to 1-2"

If yours went down, then mine probably went from a half inch to a quarter inch lol, hell, by the end of this I might have to break out the scanning electron microscope in order to be able to properly detect the nanotechnological amounts of rain l might get from being in the Slot.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived