SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
End of July Super Soaker

Ellinwood

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The atmosphere knows to keep the Warrenton-Manassas-Woodbridge-Springfield corridor DRY. I'm impressed. That area to the southwest looks to slide by. The monster bombers will stay north of 66 into Maryland. I need to step back. I knew this was coming but it still bothers me. Everything is yellow and brown. I do fear, if, IF, we get something torrential, it will run like above the soil and flood the urban areas here...same with the creeks.

so far this event is shaping up like i kinda thought...scattered, not uniformly distributed like you'd see with that stratiform type fall/winter precip.  wondering if those precip maps are going to be more uneven with more pockets of boom/bust than we think.  i guess we'll know by tomorrow lol.

1 minute ago, 87storms said:

so far this event is shaping up like i kinda thought...scattered, not uniformly distributed like you'd see with that stratiform type fall/winter precip.  wondering if those precip maps are going to be more uneven with more pockets of boom/bust than we think.  i guess we'll know by tomorrow lol.

It hasn't really developed yet. Good synoptic rains won't even start until close to evening. That shield will look quite a bit different than what we are seeing now. Well....except for NOVA....

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It hasn't really developed yet. Good synoptic rains won't even start until close to evening. That shield will look quite a bit different than what we are seeing now. Well....except for NOVA....

You think your backyard has a legitimate chance at over half a foot given you're easily over 2'' before the event even was supposed to start? Do you think someone somewhere, be it MoCo or elsewhere, sees 10+?

1 minute ago, Subtropics said:

You think your backyard has a legitimate chance at over half a foot given you're easily over 2'' before the event even was supposed to start? Do you think someone somewhere, be it MoCo or elsewhere, sees 10+?

Looking at the HRRR I think 10" is way doable for my backyard. Already got 4", and that rain shield that is coming is insane.

wlxHEDr.gif

NWUS51 KLWX 281545
LSRLWX

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
1145 AM EDT FRI JUL 28 2017

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...
..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
            ..REMARKS..

1138 AM     FLOOD            1 NNE GAITHERSBURG      39.15N  77.21W
07/28/2017                   MONTGOMERY         MD   BROADCAST MEDIA

VIEWER REPORTS PERRY PARKWAY IS FLOODED

&&

EVENT NUMBER LWX1702551

Just now, Subtropics said:

You think your backyard has a legitimate chance at over half a foot given you're easily over 2'' before the event even was supposed to start?

Yea, I'd say so for sure at this point. I'm over 3" now. It wouldn't take a whole lot tonight to get another 3". 

Otoh- the atmosphere has a way of evening out so this morning could end up being my main event. Lol.  It's safe to say that some areas will top 6" though. Time will tell whether it's my yard or not.

NWUS51 KLWX 281615
LSRLWX

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
1215 PM EDT FRI JUL 28 2017

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...
..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
            ..REMARKS..

1209 PM     FLASH FLOOD      1 SE CHEVY CHASE VIEW   39.01N  77.07W
07/28/2017                   MONTGOMERY         MD   BROADCAST MEDIA

BEACH DRIVE FLOODED AT KENSINGTON PARKWAY. ROAD CLOSED.

&&

EVENT NUMBER LWX1702552

20 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

The atmosphere knows to keep the Warrenton-Manassas-Woodbridge-Springfield corridor DRY. I'm impressed. That area to the southwest looks to slide by. The monster bombers will stay north of 66 into Maryland. I need to step back. I knew this was coming but it still bothers me. Everything is yellow and brown. I do fear, if, IF, we get something torrential, it will run like above the soil and flood the urban areas here...same with the creeks.

Good luck, Jeb.

21 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I can see what looks like rain to the south and west of Balt city from my building. Not raining downtown though.

Not a drop at Fort Howard. But man is it soupy. And the wind keeps changing direction.

Oops.. edit that. Now hearing thunder and the occasional rain drop hitting the grill cover.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived