Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Heavy Rain Potential 7/27-7/29

Rtd208

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bluewave said:

All the 0z guidance shifted south due to the very strong 50/50 low. 

eps_z500a_noram_7.thumb.png.b782f73596150e23c34192746ca32265.png

BW could it be a case of the further west you are, the further north the rain gets? I was looking at some precip maps that had near 1" of rain at Allentown but less than 0.5" in NYC

High winds will also be from ACY and points south (40 mph)

7 minutes ago, Paragon said:

BW could it be a case of the further west you are, the further north the rain gets? I was looking at some precip maps that had near 1" of rain at Allentown but less than 0.5" in NYC

High winds will also be from ACY and points south (40 mph)

You know it's a strong -NAO pattern for late July when you see this kind of suppression.

Just now, bluewave said:

You know it's a strong -NAO pattern for late July when you see this kind of suppression.

Yeah this is a crazy pattern for the time of year.  Any correlation between this and what might happen during the winter, Chris?

25 minutes ago, Paragon said:

Yeah this is a crazy pattern for the time of year.  Any correlation between this and what might happen during the winter, Chris?

Just that it's similar to the pattern of recent years including the winter of transient -NAO intervals in an otherwise longer term +NAO regime.

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

Weird month--torch middle 10 days, average 1st week or so and well below average last week.

Agreed, and while it will go down closer to 2014 than 15/16, it had much stronger heat overall and the current cool period exceeded most guidance and then some.

I like Aug 7 for a big time warmup

29 minutes ago, SACRUS said:

Agreed, and while it will go down closer to 2014 than 15/16, it had much stronger heat overall and the current cool period exceeded most guidance and then some.

I like Aug 7 for a big time warmup

Hopefully we have clear skies for the Perseids and also for the eclipse!

1 hour ago, jm1220 said:

Almost a 2/5/10 look on radar. State College, PA getting drenched under a flood warning, while NYC might just get some showers. Crazy how the dry zone extends ESE like that this time of year. 

Honestly, with how much rain we've had here, we don't need this although it would be fun to see a noreaster in July.  I wonder if some of the precip programs showing >.50" south of the Southern State are correct.  I saw one that had 0.7" for Long Beach and 0.04" for Central Park.  In the winter that would be 7 inches of snow here and less than half an inch for Central Park lol.  Atlantic City would be getting like two feet!  Which is basically what happened with the 2/5/10 storm.

48 minutes ago, Rjay said:

73/71

This weather sucks,  I keep turning my AC on after it's been off for a few hours.  I hate high humidity low sunshine weather.  At least if it had been sunny today, it would have looked like a nice day.

Archived