• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Heavy Rain Event 7/27-29

ChescoWx

Latest Euro paints 2.9" at KMQS to near 9" at the Jersey Shore....I will be in Sea Isle City starting tonight and will report from there with obs and pix both here and via my twitter feed (see below and follow me)

Lots of rain across the area...if correct across the whole region!

Is there enhancement from the relative toasty off shore water temps?

If winter....well....why tease everyone!!

Euro 726.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

This should be fun. I never "not" had to water the garden so much in my life. Every couple days I'm getting enough water to get me through and then some....and it continues. Thinking 1 - 2+" which is fine...

I am worried it may be too much for the tomatoes, I hope they don't develop fungus.

10 hours ago, Bluescat1 said:

I am worried it may be too much for the tomatoes, I hope they don't develop fungus.

I'm not to that point yet in my area. I've been receiving .5" events every couple days and a shower here...a shower there which is perfect. I haven't exceeded 2" in one day in a while. (that I recall?) I'll be happy with another .5" event this afternoon/night. It's the 3" - 4"+ monsoon storms I want to avoid.

73.9F / DP 67F

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

It looks real south....and I'm south of you....damn...WTF? Moving SE is what I'm seeing unless something else develops.....

If the euro is right, I'll be lucky to see a quarter to a half inch of rain. Just enough to make it miserable, but not in the least bit interesting. WTF is right...

Now that I think about it, it'll be the July equivalent of the 2-4 inches of snow I get in a winter storm while DC and Baltimore get 18-24... :wacko:

29 minutes ago, Voyager said:

If the euro is right, I'll be lucky to see a quarter to a half inch of rain. Just enough to make it miserable, but not in the least bit interesting. WTF is right...

Now that I think about it, it'll be the July equivalent of the 2-4 inches of snow I get in a winter storm while DC and Baltimore get 18-24... :wacko:

Oh Christ, don't bring that up. (we still have time to mess with that) I would really lose it. Getting screwed out of rain is one thing but getting screwed out of a foot+ of snow equals 3+ days of depression. Pretty much the same feeling as the Eagles losing on a clock expiring FG....several days down in the dumps.

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

First sign of powdery mildew uh ohs need less rain and more sun.

Tomatoes?

I could build a log cabin out of the amount of zucchini and yellow squash I harvest so far....and still going. Tomatoes growing like weeds...no mildew. Just picked a bunch of red/semi red ones today....bunch of green/semi green (big guys) growing now. But I agree, wouldn't mind a couple days of sun after this precip event. 

23 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Tomatoes?

I could build a log cabin out of the amount of zucchini and yellow squash I harvest so far....and still going. Tomatoes growing like weeds...no mildew. Just picked a bunch of red/semi red ones today....bunch of green/semi green (big guys) growing now. But I agree, wouldn't mind a couple days of sun after this precip event. 

Pumpkins get it nasty stuff. Amusing thing about it is it thrives on either too wet or too dry conditions, in other words our weather.

3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Why the hell am I up at 3:15am?

:P  Looking for some weather excitement.

Currently 71F here with some fog (which is sortof a fall-like condition).  I do agree that this is like our past winter pattern in summer with a Canadian High suppressing stuff to the south along and south of the Mason-Dixon line.  But then if the front is able to move east far enough, it could also tap into the Gulf moisture to add to the Lows that want to ride along it, and I think one of the AFDs yesterday also called it a "summer nor'easter" type event.

25 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

:P  Looking for some weather excitement.

Currently 71F here with some fog (which is sortof a fall-like condition).  I do agree that this is like our past winter pattern in summer with a Canadian High suppressing stuff to the south along and south of the Mason-Dixon line.  But then if the front is able to move east far enough, it could also tap into the Gulf moisture to add to the Lows that want to ride along it, and I think one of the AFDs yesterday also called it a "summer nor'easter" type event.

Fog is pretty dense here....kinda eerie/weird for this time of year. Made me think of Stephen King's movie "The Mist".

69.8F / DP 68F

31 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

You guys jinxed it by starting a thread too soon! :P

I think you and I are on the borderline for good rainfall the path it's taking now. Pretty much going East. Balt and DC should see some action. Looks like from Sunday on the sun will appear again which we/garden need.

e.jpg

23 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I think you and I are on the borderline for good rainfall the path it's taking now. Pretty much going East. Balt and DC should see some action. Looks like from Sunday on the sun will appear again which we/garden need.

e.jpg

Agreed, it'll be fun watching this evolve. The -NAO is suppressing things, but this isn't January where we're fighting single digit dews. I'm thinking the gradient is overdone. (But what do I know??)

Archived