Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2017 Discussion

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cyclone77 said:

Yeah ever since that stretch of ultra high humidity back in July it's been really comfortable.

I'm liking where we're headed this winter.  Now to time stuff up right.  Been missing the target this summer. Been missing for some yrs now.   Kinda due is the Madison corridor;)

1 minute ago, UMB WX said:

I'm liking where we're headed this winter.  Now to time stuff up right.  Been missing the target this summer. Been missing for some yrs now.   Kinda due is the Madison corridor;)

We need a good KC/QC/MKE storm this year.  The southwest flow systems always make me nervous though lol.  Dry slot or mixing issues to worry about.  Only about 3 more months until go time. :snowing:

Yeah this is the most smoke I can remember being present.  Sterling is down to just 2.5 miles visibility.  The sky here is completely milky white now.  Really weird.  

Will finish August with 2.23" here.

RPJ down to 2.5M as well.

DKB, RFD, DPA and UGN have been down to 3M at times.

August stats for YYZ; (avg's in brackets)

High: 77.1F (78.8F)

Mean: 68.8F (69F)

Low: 58.8F (59.1F) 

Highest temperature: 86F (August 21st) 

Lowest temperature: 49.4F (August 31st) 

Total Precip: 2.94" (3.07")

Overall, it was an average month both temperature and precip wise. However, YYZ only recorded 2 days at or above 90F from June-August. 

On 8/23/2017 at 6:06 AM, michsnowfreak said:

Oh its certainly possible. In fact, Detroits longest heatwave on record was Aug 24-Sept 3, 1953 with 11 straight days of 90F+ (10 were 95+ and the last two 100). Sept 15, 1939 also hit 100F. I just meant that based on the forecast, heat will be scarce, as the deeper we get into September, frost is more likely than heat, and there are no indications of any big warm spells on the way. As it was, heat was scarce over the summer, but it was overall a pleasantly warm summer. Actually, outside of the lack of storminess, few should complain as temps were a perfect compromise. Those who prefer the cooler summers had very few hot days to worry about, but those who like the heat had plenty of warm, sunny days to spend at the pool.

And lest we forget, last year featured dewpoints in the mid 70s for a couple days in September (and temps in the 90s).

4 hours ago, Trent said:

Summer 2017 ended up being the 11th warmest on record for Cleveland (out of 147 summers). Considering 2016 was the hottest on record, it definitely skewed people's perspectives this summer. 

August was barely below normal but it felt so cold. Normal is the new BN in a warming climate I guess.

Archived