• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

Anyway ... sorry to have contributed to track skipping - heh.

right now, TPC's more recent IR image and loop up to look pretty impressive.  There was some less appealing structure over the last two hours, but ..the present frames almost make me wonder if those were not legitimate collapses.... It's got a ring of deep cold and clear eye.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Isn't Brian a moderator and a meteorologist? lol

I'm all that and then some

Short, white, and handsome

And look, we could can these threads if we wanted. I let them slide, but allow a little banter to be interspersed until there's a legit reason to keep all posts serious and on-topic. But seriously c'mon, we're stressing over a d10 threat to New England? Of course now that means a major is coming. ;)

Regardless of the track of Irma in models... I keep seeing the same general synoptic layout that we see now at D 5, that was D 6 ...8 ... from recent 24 hour intervals. That, in its self is intriguing sort of broad-scale continuity that was missing from all this before D8.  Before then, every other run was handling the structure/orientation of the westerlies over the mid latitudes of eastern N/A/ enough to really zero clue - understandable given that sort of time lead. 

Now, I kinda am inclined to go with Ray's sentiment from yesterday that the pure recurve/whiff scenario is become less likely ...if we assume deterministic posture based upon stability in outlooks.. Not a bad place to start really.  

It basically looks like a weekness/trough of some sort will time while this thing approaches the outer Bahamas. That should heighten alert status' because though that could still mean a miss entirely, it definitely ups the stakes of a f'ed up forecast to biblical proportions should a whiff not transpire and Irma really does get down toward 900 mb in core pressure.  Although ... not sure what very recent runs are doing in that regard. 

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think the Carolina cruiser offers the best LF potential.

This garbage is a recipe for failure.

Though interesting the GFS had produced that identical track twice in 24 hrs.

In this scenario id generally believe it was a southeast us hit if it got stuck just a touch further south.  

Okay, yeah that thing is rapidly transitioning to an extra-tropical cyclone between hours 288 and 312 in that evolution...

Ha ha... let's do a little Rorschach test of that sentence:   what do you see when you see that sentence?   Hint, a sane individual might see 2's and 8's and 3's and 12's...  most importantly, see 2's and 8's and 3's and 12's in hundreds of hours.

Still, it is basically a wild Hurricane for the Cape and Islands ...but by the time the rim of action gets to even Boston it's moving toward a CCB band ... in fact, the QPF layout has a massive comma head rain over NYS.  

Just another dramatic series of charts -

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No, Edouard was a c*co tease.

That run is Bob.

I almost ruined an entire weekend because of Ed*  I was supposed to go to the mountains for the weekend and I kept it off until the last second when I knew Ed* wasn't going to amount to much.  You said something about this storm's forward speed slowing down, which is what reminded me of it.

Archived