joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling this is going to be an epic storm to track at the least. I wouldn't  be surprised to see it be one of the top Ace producers of all time. Just tons of warm water and low shear in its path. Warm water that extends to great depth as it's been ages since a major went through the Lower Mdr. This things going to be a monster 

Does anyone remember how far out Gloria was forecasted to come up the E. Coast? It seemed like it was waayy out in the Atlantic. The hype went on for days about how it was going to destroy the E Coast. Is there any reason the models back then had such a good handle on its track while over 30 years later there's such a large range of possible tracks with a CV storm like Irma?

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Good calls he's had,

But many calls he's lost...

I remembahhh....when we used to ween

in someone's backyard in Tolland.

Good calls he's had,

But many calls he's lost

Along the way.
In his great future, he can't forget his past, 
So dry your tears, I seh.
no Irma, no cry, no Irma, no cry

Right in the middle of the goalposts here. Doesn't mean squat D10 out, but then again EURO Ens. looks worse case skirting South FL with majority of members leaning toward the N. Being that strong would be wise to at least prep for extended isolation. House built for Major Hurricane, shed is not secured with eons to prep and tie-down, sitting at 108' ASL. Probably the only house for miles around to withstand the pounding. Neighbors already taking dibs on moving in for awhile. Putting odds OTS presently.   

45 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Has the WAR been that far west at all this summer?

yeah no, not really .. i've been scratching my head about that, and why the Euro chooses now to do it - it doesn't mean it won't do that?  However, we've seen WAR over produced in the guidance' at other occasions during the extended base-line pattern persistence; which has been to normalize the Bermuda high. It's enough to wonder if the models just engaging in that same extended range sort of bias, but happenstance there is a TC now to handle while it is doing so.

By the way folks, the trailing wave now an Invest...

16 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

Right in the middle of the goalposts here. Doesn't mean squat D10 out, but then again EURO Ens. looks worse case skirting South FL with majority of members leaning toward the N. Being that strong would be wise to at least prep for extended isolation. House built for Major Hurricane, shed is not secured with eons to prep and tie-down, sitting at 108' ASL. Probably the only house for miles around to withstand the pounding. Neighbors already taking dibs on moving in for awhile. Putting odds OTS presently.   

Key is next 3 days and sw movement if at all, I'd lean Florida gOM based on EPS or maybe Hugoish, probably Cat 5 at some point near the Islands

35 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah no, not really .. i've been scratching my head about that, and why the Euro chooses now to do it - it doesn't mean it won't do that?  However, we've seen WAR over produced in the guidance' at other occasions during the extended base-line pattern persistence; which has been to normalize the Bermuda high. It's enough to wonder if the models just engaging in that same extended range sort of bias, but happenstance there is a TC now to handle while it is doing so.

By the way folks, the trailing wave now an Invest...

You have been on the pattern persistence train all summer, and it's certainly been a winning strategy. 

Archived