Welcome to American Weather
40/70 Benchmark

Tropical Season 2017

3,951 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I don't know..systems moving this fast just can't strengthen that much. Could get down another 5mb..  we will see.   that main tropical thread getting me crazy.  Whatever it is I'm excited that the track has shifted north enough up here that I get some 1-2" rain.  Not good for everyone having Monday off but I'll take it.  The kids want water in my pond for skating so got to start the process of filling her up!

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah meh.

Yeah, meh,  very very meh.  A small area east of landfall should have some gusty winds but I hate storms like this and what they do to forecasters.  New Orleans is basically shut down this Saturday night with city wide curfew.  Big financial hit.  Being on the west side of Nate I think the winds will stay very light.  So a storm like this makes the NHC look like idiots as far as Joe Public is concerned especially for the large population center of NO. 

45 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah meh.

MS officials saying it would be the worst hurricane since Katrina.

At least they weren’t overstating things...:rolleyes:

11 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

MS officials saying it would be the worst hurricane since Katrina.

At least they weren’t overstating things...:rolleyes:

LOL, well the first since Katrina is also the worst right? :lol:

The tropical thread was classic. I saw a mention of Charlie and then complete disappointment all within one hour. :lol:

6 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL, well the first since Katrina is also the worst right? :lol:

The tropical thread was classic. I saw a mention of Charlie and then complete disappointment all within one hour. :lol:

There's only ever one forecast in the main tropical thread, and that's rapid intensification.

4 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

There's only ever one forecast in the main tropical thread, and that's rapid intensification.

I'm just so excited to get my 1" of rain tomorrow from Nate.  After today's .12" I have gotten only 1/3 of an inch in the past 30 days.  Without Nate we would extended that for many more days. At least the shrubs and trees can get some moisture before becoming completely dormant but I don't think an inch will really do much with the surface so dry.   

Wonder if we can put a fork in this hurricane season.  Lots can still happen in October but nothing seems imminent in the next week and by then things really start dropping off.