Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Maybe it's my proximity to IJD and the fact that I went to high school with a lot of kids that were born in Puerto Rico, but I am really feeling this one. The best hope is a jog to the south of the current track.

I have many many friends from IJD, have employees from PR  all with friends and family on Vieques, and the Eastern shore.  I hear you man. I sent out warnings 2 days on FB  ago with hope I was so so wrong. Dr Knabb is shook you can see it. No hype man this is as dangerous as it gets. 

1 hour ago, JC-CT said:

Maybe it's my proximity to IJD and the fact that I went to high school with a lot of kids that were born in Puerto Rico, but I am really feeling this one. The best hope is a jog to the south of the current track.

Yup, and no matter how catastrophic it is, most people outside of the Caribbean will have forgotten about it in a few days.  I've got a friend SW of San Juan, all can do at this point is wish him and his family good luck.

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yup, and no matter how catastrophic it is, most people outside of the Caribbean will have forgotten about it in a few days.  I've got a friend SW of San Juan, all can do at this point is wish him and his family good luck.

Many of my students (past and present) have family there.  They are pretty stressed. 

16 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Many of my students (past and present) have family there.  They are pretty stressed. 

We have 3 kitchen staff over at the restaurant from PR, until I talked with them this morning they had no idea this was poised to be direct hit.  I felt bad for freaking them out but it seemed pretty dire and apparently is.

19 minutes ago, dendrite said:

74kt now

METAR TISX 200153Z 03043G74KT 3/4SM +RA BR SCT013 OVC018 25/25 A2926 RMK AO2 PK WND 02074/0151 SLP908 P0030 T02500250 $

For the non metar peeps

10:00 PM 77.0 °F - 77.0 °F 100% 29.24 in 0.5 mi NNE 50.6 mph 85.2 mph 0.14 in Fog , Rain Heavy Rain
  METAR TISX 200200Z 03044G74KT 1/2SM +RA FG VV014 25/25 A2924 RMK AO2 PK WND 02064/0157 PRESFR P0014 T02500250 $

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

For the non metar peeps

10:00 PM 77.0 °F - 77.0 °F 100% 29.24 in 0.5 mi NNE 50.6 mph 85.2 mph 0.14 in Fog , Rain Heavy Rain
  METAR TISX 200200Z 03044G74KT 1/2SM +RA FG VV014 25/25 A2924 RMK AO2 PK WND 02064/0157 PRESFR P0014 T02500250 $

Real men read METARs raw. ;)

Last few runs of the GFS and today's 12z EURO bring Maria really close to NJ/NE type landfall. The EURO was fun it kind of used Jose's remnants as a pendulum and closes in on landfall before escaping NE. Tonight's 00z GFS was very close with a still very strong Maria at making landfall in NJ. Between the hours of 150 & 168 hours Maria makes a fairly sharp NW turn before escaping E. I know we just got teased with Jose and it is very far out there, but I think this could end up being a close call. 

2 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Last few runs of the GFS and today's 12z EURO bring Maria really close to NJ/NE type landfall. The EURO was fun it kind of used Jose's remnants as a pendulum and closes in on landfall before escaping NE. Tonight's 00z GFS was very close with a still very strong Maria at making landfall in NJ. Between the hours of 150 & 168 hours Maria makes a fairly sharp NW turn before escaping E. I know we just got teased with Jose and it is very far out there, but I think this could end up being a close call. 

It doesn't show landfall into NJ though and the "sharp" NW turn is more like a slight wobble for one frame and then the stall and quick NE exit......at 150 hrs the wobble NW can turn into an abrupt NE escape too in future runs.......still something to keep an eye on

Archived