Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Hoth said:

That St Croix livestream is going to get interesting in a real hurry.

Say wut on this,geezuz

Average Wind Over Lowest Available 150 geopotential meters (gpm) of the sounding:
- Lowest 150m: 155 gpm - 5 gpm (509 geo. feet - 16 geo. feet)
- Wind Direction: 110° (from the ESE)
- Wind Speed: 157 knots (181 mph)

what's funny about the world enders is that they've put out that call now... I dunno, 12 times since 1987 when we first took a collective deep breath in a moment of halted awareness for the asteroid strike that never happened...

yet, they keep peddling that story - usually ..it has religious roots and well...there you go.  but there's no awareness there?  

i guess awareness as to the futility is impossible when your a quack-a-doodle-do to begin with, because usually crazed paranoids of that ilk don't have any neuro-tapestry in their heads that can rein in their manias.  if you explained the logic to them, ...they blink three times, give off a facial tic spasm, and return to the same mantra.  you're all doomed!

which... heh, the last i checked, these leases do have an expiration date so in away...   

oh one of these days a stellar core fragment's going to saunter through the solar system and it's gravitational perturbation's gonna foist planets asunder ...ours will rocket out of the solar system like a pebble out of a lawn-mower ...and some vapid brow doom's day prepper will reminds us all how he/she nailed it!

f'n morons

Maria has a lower pressure now that Irma did ...nice.

I'm wondering if we may yet see a wind response to that low pressure as it's recently been measured and was still falling..  913 mb!

that would support a 180 mph wind

Depending on size of the storm.... But yes, I would expect an increase in maximum sustained winds. Unfortunately.

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

what's funny about the world enders is that they've put out that call now... I dunno, 12 times since 1987 when we first took a collective deep breath in a moment of halted awareness for the asteroid strike that never happened...

yet, they keep peddling that story - usually ..it has religious roots and well...there you go.  but there's no awareness there?  

i guess awareness as to the futility is impossible when your a quack-a-doodle-do to begin with, because usually crazed paranoids of that ilk don't have any neuro-tapestry in their heads that can rein in their manias.  if you explained the logic to them, ...they blink three times, give off a facial tic spasm, and return to the same mantra.  you're all doomed!

which... heh, the last i checked, these leases do have an expiration date so in away...   

oh one of these days a stellar core fragment's going to saunter through the solar system and it's gravitational perturbation's gonna foist planets asunder ...ours will rocket out of the solar system like a pebble out of a lawn-mower ...and some vapid brow doom's day prepper will reminds us all how he/she nailed it!

f'n morons

There was a guy who claimed he'd cracked some hidden code in the Old Testament a few years ago, and made noisy protestations that the earth would end on such and such date. Somehow he managed to gather a few thousand suggestible followers, who gave away all their earthly possessions in the weeks leading up to the apocalypse. Well, the proclaimed doomsday came and went without incident (surprise, surprise) and left all of them alive and well, but staring down the barrel of total penury. The leader just scratched his head, said he had made a miscalculation, and came up with a new date. Wonder how many people were still listening...

18 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Hurricane Maria Tropical Cyclone Update
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL       AL152017
700 PM AST Tue Sep 19 2017

...700 PM AST POSITION AND INTENSITY UPDATE...
...EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CATEGORY 5 HURRICANE MARIA STILL
STRENGTHENING...

Reports just received from an Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter
aircraft indicate that the maximum sustained winds have increased
to 175 mph (280 km/h).  The estimated minimum pressure based on
data from the aircraft is 909 mb (26.84).

A wind gust to 63 mph (102 km/h) was recently reported in the
eastern portion of St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

55 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

f'n morons

Youtube had the BP Earthwatch calling for a worldwide power grid failure with last weeks EMP. That was good for a few laughs. Adapt2030 has the next ice age coming guess when?

Archived