Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SnowGoose69 said:

If I remember right Puerto Rico mostly missed Hugo too with it only clipping the NE side.  This may take a more direct path over it although it's too early to know.  

I don't think that's the case.  My sister was living there when it hit;  I remember her saying they were like refugees.  I know it was forbidden to say 'refugees'  after Katrina, but back then you could actually speak without offending everyone.

53 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You eventually get your epic rainfall from Jose. Just happens like a week later than thought.

LOL

Just now, weathafella said:

15 people for dinner Wednesday night.  11 Thursday night.  Both nights indoors.  Will keep the ac running. 

Can I come Jerry?   Regarding the AC.  It's been really stagnant up here with no breeze the past couple of days.  Since noon the Cu  (its partly cloudy) are now nicely flowing ESE to WNW and a breeze has picked up.  Guess we can say we are officially in Joses outer circulation.  72/66F doesn't feel bad outside....

40 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Can I come Jerry?   Regarding the AC.  It's been really stagnant up here with no breeze the past couple of days.  Since noon the Cu  (its partly cloudy) are now nicely flowing ESE to WNW and a breeze has picked up.  Guess we can say we are officially in Joses outer circulation.  72/66F doesn't feel bad outside....

Come Gene-you'd have a great time!

Probably not sure how notable it is, but the HRRR already has .50" to 1.0" of rain in some spots in SE MA by tomorrow at 1PM, even though Jose's storm center is still well south of us at that point... also not sure how accurate the HRRR is at 18 hours which is the end of its range.  Interesting though with the shifts east on the other models...

Really amazing recovery around Jose's center the past few hours.  Deep convection wrapping around the eye.  Maybe the GFS was on to something with the lowering pressure.  18Z GFS out through 54 hours doesn't have nearly as much rainfall as I would expect and looking at the satellite it sure looks like a large area of potential rainfall NW of the center.  Actually GFS keeps the 1" rain on the Cape.  Weird...

Archived