SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's broken.  There isn't a single 12z model that I can see that's within 15mb of that.

I'm not saying it's definitely going to get that low, but he's already interacting with the ULL s/w at h5 and a rather weak jet. Combine that with the baroclynic leaf already beginning to present and I can see this deepening some.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

A bunch of friends and Co Workers lived in PR during Hugo, have said that they never want to live through another like that.

My relatives took a direct hit from Hugo's eye north of Charleston, SC. It was an awful night for them and they do not wish to relive that ever again.

11 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

My relatives took a direct hit from Hugo's eye north of Charleston, SC. It was an awful night for them and they do not wish to relive that ever again.

If I remember right Puerto Rico mostly missed Hugo too with it only clipping the NE side.  This may take a more direct path over it although it's too early to know.  

12Z shifts Maria about 350 miles west from 0Z.   Obviously until we know what will happen to Jose's remains we will see more shifts.  One thing that seems obvious.  This will not be a fast moving hurricane without something to yank it north or northwest.  I wonder how long it takes the ocean water temps off of the SE to fully recharge after Irma and Jose churned things up?

WTF, that escalated quickly, shows why intensity forecasting is still in the 1950s, yesterday this was barely a cane on forecasts when Snow goose said it wouldn't be a major in the Leewards, Dominica, a poor country to start going to feel the wrath, lots of mountains too so epic flooding. PR is by far the biggest target and concern, last 5 was 1928

recon_AF305-0215A-MARIA_dropsonde9_20170918-1633.png

Archived