Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

The LLJ really gets going on the NW side though. So, it matters where the low tracks. Something further west may bring down your gutter again.

Yeah I know Ginx is mehing this bad... but all models for days have ripped a good LLJ on the backside. Watch for some mixing on the backside as that LLJ goes. This is already starting to look a bit ET so I don't think we can totally discount some NW side impacts. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

The LLJ really gets going on the NW side though. So, it matters where the low tracks. Something further west may bring down your gutter again.

NW winds due to frictional effects tend to be meh. Irene's eastern side spun up a lot of damage in ECT. I would rather be on the west side anyday. But did tune and run the generator today, what's your back up power plan?

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

NW winds due to frictional effects tend to be meh. Irene's eastern side spun up a lot of damage in ECT. I would rather be on the west side anyday. But did tune and run the generator today, what's your back up power plan?

Well pressure rises and a little daytime heating can bring it down though. In any case, something to watch. Curious what the euro does. I still worry about those east ticks...but I also did not expect some of the solutions from 00z on last night.

Just now, CT Rain said:

Yeah I know Ginx is mehing this bad... but all models for days have ripped a good LLJ on the backside. Watch for some mixing on the backside as that LLJ goes. This is already starting to look a bit ET so I don't think we can totally discount some NW side impacts. 

Good luck. Not mehing just looking at soundings, gusts to 45 seem likely if the GFS is right. But let's not start the hype machine

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No sensible impacts that we don't experience quite frequently.

The most important take away for me regarding Jose is that is fishes Maria with it.

Looking at H5, I would say the trough in SE Canada causes a near miss here. The pattern is similar to what we have now. Kind of funny...but you know all the crap that can happen in 10 days too.

Hey as someone who begs for one of those Men In Black pens to erase the memory of the doldrums of September....these last few weeks have been great weenie time to at least entertain and forecast. Harvey and Irma were definitely satiating to a point. I'll take some interesting effects from Jose and another threat to the East Coast from Maria, anytime.

Couple of thoughts.   How in the heck can the models like the 12Z GFS have Jose as a 968mb cane up this way?  Pressure is not that low now and the storm would be slowly moving over much cooler water south of New England.  I know GFS is over blown on pressure.  If the pressure is too low then the wind fields would be too high....

About Maria.  Until we know what Jose does after the swipe by us there is no way to forecast Maria.  Does the high build back in if Jose departs ENE?  Does Jose do that loop and rot causing the weakness and having Maria have a corridor to travel?  After midweek it will become much clearer on Maria.  Also how Maria interacts with the big islands will make a huge difference.

It's all fun to watch as long as no one gets hurt....

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Steve, that was my point. Any jog NW and guttersaurus rex vists.

Hope not, replacing a roof , having rain flood the attic and living room putting in a new electrical supply and being without power for ten days because of a broken "gutter" sucked. Not to mention the 61 K of damage at work. And oh by the way FEMA was a joke then, hope its better now for those peeps suffering from Harvey Irma. 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hope not, replacing a roof , having rain flood the attic and living room putting in a new electrical supply and being without power for ten days because of a broken "gutter" sucked. Not to mention the 61 K of damage at work. And oh by the way FEMA was a joke then, hope its better now for those peeps suffering from Harvey Irma. 

25 wet dogs running around. Pee and skid marks everywhere.

Archived