Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

I don't see a PRE... as those are typically many hundreds of miles away from a TC and not related to the storm's actual circulation.

Still, a lopsided storm with rain well to the north with a bit of synoptic assist should be present. 

Hmm... really - are you talking specifically to what you are seeing on graphics and guidance output?

I was only suggesting a PRE might set up based upon the classical definition of what a PRE for "recurving TCs"  You're right, however, that part of the definition is hundreds of miles.. 

Imho,  that 1000km in the definition should not be taken verbatim.  Any time the column is deep with tropical moisture and that air interacts with the some sort of diffuse boundary or deformation wrt to the surrounding medium ...that doesn't "have to" be 1000km - just sayn'.

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Hmm... really - are you talking specifically to what you are seeing on graphics and guidance output?

I was only suggesting a PRE might set up based upon the classical definition of what a PRE for "recurving TCs"  You're right, however, that part of the definition is hundreds of miles.. 

Imho,  that 1000km in the definition should not be taken verbatim.  Any time the column is deep with tropical moisture and that air interacts with the some sort of diffuse boundary or deformation wrt to the surrounding medium ...that doesn't "have to" be 1000km - just sayn'.

Well I basically think of PRE's as rainfall events that are completely removed from a storm's circulation. For example a storm that makes landfall on FL panhandle meanwhile DC is getting epic rains. Moisture transport acting with an existing jet circulation far away from the TC. 

This is more the rain/wind field expanding as TC undergoes ET. 

Sorry, Raul.....I think the larger issues is that whomever else you are alluding to is getting away with it.

I'd call them out if I caught it-

As for James......I don't know what to tell you, but the inane pots get on people's nerves during active periods...he has been here a few years, so I'm not sure why there isn't a learning curve there....or at least he should be more receptive to instructional feedback.

Zero excuse for that and he's going to continue to catch hell for it, and rightfully so-

It's an open weather forum where all people should feel welcomed to post not matter their abilities and not called stupid for it. I like you ray and respect how you've become a great knowledgeable poster but I hope you don't become one of those elitist posters on this board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

It's an open weather forum where all people should feel welcomed to post not matter their abilities and not called stupid for it. I like you ray and respect how you've become a great knowledgeable poster but I hope you don't become one of those elitist posters on this board.

But we're talking about bald faced wish casting for someone posting here >3 years and passes themselves as knowledgeable.

6 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Are all of the moderators elitist?

Looking at Jose the shear is really pushing all the moisture north and east of the center.  The ragged eye has popped out but way SW of the center dense overcast.  Could we infer that when Jose gets up here all the rain is going to be way, way north of the center?  That could give SNE a nice soak, maybe up to me too!

Archived