Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

When was the last cat 5 followed by a 3 within 2 weeks? Actually when was the last Cat 5. Heard the other day Barbuda has had a population for half a century and this week was the first time ever no one was there 

Actually 300 years of settlements on Barbuda.    

All gone now

Thats gonna be a disaster for NHC if that ends up being correct.  They gotta be sweating the Euro run now

I have several friends in various Oem positions throughout the EC. One of them literally just text me, "What happens if the new runs are correct? What are we to believe?" (Referring to the NAM and Ukmet)

1 minute ago, USCG RS said:
7 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:
Thats gonna be a disaster for NHC if that ends up being correct.  They gotta be sweating the Euro run now

I have several friends in various Oem positions throughout the EC. One of them literally just text me, "What happens if the new runs are correct? What are we to believe?" (Referring to the NAM and Ukmet)

The NAM/GFS/GEM were all basically noise.  They were slightly west but not really disastrous track errors.  The UKMET scenario seems crazy but the Euro may basically be as far west as the UKMET prior to the loop and go into central LI which would still be bad.

The NAM/GFS/GEM were all basically noise.  They were slightly west but not really disastrous track errors.  The UKMET scenario seems crazy but the Euro may basically be as far west as the UKMET prior to the loop and go into central LI which would still be bad.

If that were to happen with the Euro, that would bring a Cat 1 or so into Long Island, no?

Just now, USCG RS said:
1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

If that were to happen with the Euro, that would bring a Cat 1 or so into Long Island, no?

Probably a 55-60 mph TS with those winds in a small area on the east side.  This thing probably gets destroyed by the shear and is just a nasty nor'easter

Archived