SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't get all the posts about how boring this storm is going to be, people always bitching about boring summer weather, now we have something track and enjoy a change of pace, would be nice to get some good analysis instead of the usual OTS or meh comments.. 

sorry for venting..

6Z GFS looks further east but then a follow up  tropical system .. looks wet next few 10-15 days.

34 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

i don't get all the posts about how boring this storm is going to be, people always bitching about boring summer weather, now we have something track and enjoy a change of pace, would be nice to get some good analysis instead of the usual OTS or meh comments.. 

sorry for venting..

6Z GFS looks further east but then a follow up  tropical system .. looks wet next few 10-15 days.

Well, you know how these go. Unless it's big time transitioning to extra-tropical...I'm not sure this is high impact outside of the Cape. Yes it's early, but it's wise to be level headed with this too. If this moved towards Block Island..then that would be different. Nothing much to analyze when 5-6 days away. Key to watch is ridging out to the east and making sure that actually does not weaken with time.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well, you know how these go. Unless it's big time transitioning to extra-tropical...I'm not sure this is high impact outside of the Cape. Yes it's early, but it's wise to be level headed with this too. If this moved towards Block Island..then that would be different. Nothing much to analyze when 5-6 days away. Key to watch is ridging out to the east and making sure that actually does not weaken with time.

Thanks Scott, I know most likely it won't be much, but that is usually what we expect in these systems, so as long as nobody is looking for CAT 1/2 impact, but a good old fashion wind driven rainstorm, it's OK, at least is something interesting.  Flying home from Korea today, luckily did not get any missiles come from the north

43 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

sorry for venting..

wut? no hype and you are pissed, lol

Barring these two scenarios: extra tropical transition like we saw with Noel, where we got some damn strong winds mixing down...or a landfall into LI/RI/Cape.., I'm only expecting some gusty winds, heavy surf, and some downpours but nothing crazy. A warm core Jose would need to strengthen like Edouard did in 96 to be more impressive than what is currently being advertised. 

I just can't get excited with Jose.  Well,  I'm up here in Central NE anyhow.   Unless he actually moves onshore the impacts on the NW side are basically our winter noreaster stuff. Trees are in leaf so 40mph gusts do more damage than in winter.  Will have to watch how big the circulation gets... Remember for storms at our latitude the wind is on the right and the rain on the west...

Watching potential Lee and Maria for more US action down the road....

2 minutes ago, Modfan said:

I wouldn't right this off just yet; models had Irma on the East coast of FL an s it went West. With the amount of tree canopy hanging over power lines and roads in New England it won't take much wind cause problems. 

Yes....modeling biases at 20* latitude are comparable to those at 40*.

Archived