Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Indeed ... pulling away from N-central Cuba and the southern eye wall now back over water. 

Colder cloud tops are completely encircling a better formed CDO again ... We'll see if it's not just another sat fluctuation enhanced illusion of strengthening...

Yeah, rather remarkable improvement in general presentation in the past hour. Eye starting to take a more concentric, round appearance, cold cloud tops all around, edging northwest into absolute bath water.

7 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Yeah, rather remarkable improvement in general presentation in the past hour. Eye starting to take a more concentric, round appearance, cold cloud tops all around, edging northwest into absolute bath water.

Geez - despite my laments and op ed' earlier...  The 12z f'n GFS takes Irma from 945 or so now...to 897 7 7 7 7 ... over the next 24 hours, reaching maximum death ... uh, I mean, depth, like 10 feet from shore near the Everglades National Park system of estuaries ...

I wonder what the geography/geology around the ENP is really like... If that's fragile sort of cays and sage, and sand bars and the occasional alligator brood mound.  I mean that area could be totally re sculpted by this thing

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Geez - despite my laments and op ed' earlier...  The 12z f'n GFS takes Irma from 945 or so now...to 897 7 7 7 7 ... over the next 24 hours, reaching maximum death ... uh, I mean, depth, like 10 feet from shore near the Everglades National Park system of estuaries ...

I wonder what the geography/geology around the ENP is really like... If that's fragile sort of cays and sage, and sand bars and the occasional alligator brood mound.  I mean that area could be totally re sculpted by this thing

There are some dudes broadcasting live from their roof in Key West...speaking of maximum death.

Archived