Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

certainly not 'funny' per se ... but, the TPC's IR channel just went that rectal-plack black around the western arc of the eye wall right as it's making it's closest past by PR

Yeah the western eye wall looks as robust as it has in the entire evolution of this thing. Incredible.

1 minute ago, ROOSTA said:

There are only a handful of timber-frame homes. Estimate out of 40 only three all the rest are mobile, double-wides and shacks. 

Oh my....slow on the uptake....
43yrs old built like a brick sh*t house. Stands about 5'6" 120lbs has had a tough life.
See, I gave my word to her boyfriend, hands off. But during the ordeal if the opportunity availed itself whats an old man to do....LOL  

Being retired I have lots of time to watch the news channels and the weather channel.  The so called experts in my opinion are pretty poor.  For instance watching MSNBC  right now  (340pm).  The "expert" is saying todays trend is to the east increasing the threat to the Carolina's.  It is not.  He also shows a graph of Cat 1's to Cat 5's and is saying a Cat 5 causes 500 more times damage than a cat one.  I don't know what he is talking about.

Boy, today's Euro is the worst possible track.  South to north with the eye a few miles inland.  Brings the dirty side with the strongest winds right along the coast with all the high rises, Miami to West Palm and even north.  Long lasting power outages with all those elderly in high rises.  Bad situation.  Still time for track changes and hope that those east solutions come to pass.  

11 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Parts of Key West will flood and storm drains overflow with little more than a prolonged north wind or during the new moon.

I'm worried about my little slice of heaven.

I was just there again in April....I can't imagine anywhere in that area taking a beating from a storm like this.

14 minutes ago, adamrivers said:

90% of buildings gone in Barbuda according to the Prime Minister who just flew over the island. 90%. 

not to discredit the report ...certainly not to imply anything either, but I am curious what the building codes are on an island like that.  You'd think that hurricane threats are common place enough to have some of that particular consideration part of those codes, but 90% "gone" - like ...what that's another thing: whatda they mean gone - as it...scoured off the face of the Earth like an EOF 5 tornado...?  

they probably mean 'gone' in the sense of a total loss - sure.

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

not to discredit the report ...certainly not to imply anything either, but I am curious what the building codes are on an island like that.  You'd think that hurricane threats are common place enough to have some of that particular consideration part of those codes, but 90% "gone" - like ...what that's another thing: whatda they mean gone - as it...scoured off the face of the Earth like an EOF 5 tornado...?  

they probably mean 'gone' in the sense of a total loss - sure.

News reports have been pretty tough with the ridiculous statement put out earlier by the Prime Minister before anyone even got in touch with Barbuda... but it sounds bad, at least from the ABS Television/Radio Feed. 

Archived