SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The hope is it's far enough east that it stays somewhat intact perhaps even tropical characteristics to give us some wild wind. Otherwise rain and 58 ..no thanks

I am hoping for some good surf. My oldest son was conceived after going down to misquamicut to watch the waves from Bill in 2009.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

The hope is it's far enough east that it stays somewhat intact perhaps even tropical characteristics to give us some wild wind. Otherwise rain and 58 ..no thanks

I hope for my sake it is E. Stop the BS please. If you lived where I live you'd be shaking in your boots and the wishing (which it is) would be replaced with concern for ones life and those of loved ones and fellow man. As is I'm thinking I need a bigger boat. Your better than that Kevin so please tone back your rhetoric otherwise known as wish-casting bullcrap!

Sorry but it's true...keep to your thoughts to whats real, i.e. Jose's influence on the WAR and strength trough and timing of the shear out ahead.     

19 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

To keep it far enough east to do that would most likely have you on the west side of whatever's left.  Enjoy your rain.

22 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

I hope for my sake it is E. Stop the BS please. If you lived where I live you'd be shaking in your boots and the wishing (which it is) would be replaced with concern for ones life and those of loved ones and fellow man. As is I'm thinking I need a bigger boat. Your better than that Kevin so please tone back your rhetoric otherwise known as wish-casting bullcrap!

Sorry but it's true...keep to your thoughts to whats real, i.e. Jose's influence on the WAR and strength trough and timing of the shear out ahead.     

so glad someone said it

Wanting a hurricane IMBY to which no hurricane or global model shows.
My point is put yourself in someone else's shoes. It's his M.O., so it is what it is. Much at stake looking through my prism. 

And my point is, have you been living under a rock or did you forget who you were replying to?

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Jesus do some of these posters have issues. Lol. It's weather. Some of us love and wish for extreme wx. Sorry if that upsets some people. Deal with it 

Going on a limb here, but being awed by the power of an extreme event is one thing.  I think the criticism is to gleefully call for something that involves life, death, pain, and misery for thousands (not saying you're wishing for that!), that is something else.  

Wishing for a crippling snowstorm is something else entirely.  No (or at least very limited) harm no foul in those events.

Hmm.  I hadn't ever really focused much attention on this but ...this particular tropical season has for whatever reason, compelled me to do so -  and I've come to the conclusion that the Tropics in generals present a performance challenge for Euro and Euro derivatives.  

Given to the single season experience, I have to be fair and offer that it may just be bad timing that the one season I chose to pay attention happens to be the one season the Euro appears rather errant with handling timing and development, and spacial layouts of various features and events ... Excluding that off chance, the Euro is kinda of exposing an Achilles Heal there.  Interesting...  

It could be an homage to the notion that it's physical equations are possibly more primitive than we are aware; however, with it's 4-D variable correction schemes, it takes base line output and just smooths it into a newer more accurate product output - something that cannot really be done with the Tropics.  Ah ha -  ...maybe.  Whatever the systemic reasons are, the Euro has had some ghost spin ups and bad track guidance, more so than would be expected given that model's overall reputation.  I am curious how it actually compares to the other guidance types (after all..that may be all that matters).  My hunch is that the GFS may be edging it in performance, whereas the GGEM is still in last place... Although, I argue that the GGEM is actually okay at the genesis end of things...    

well... this thing may go back west... sure, but, this was a perfect opportunity to point out "faux" accuracy by means of errant consensus ... yes yes.. .in the long run, one would be wise to tip their hat to consensus.  however, as other's and myself strained to point out, when perceived consensus in the tropics is not in the wheel house of better model performance (temporally) .. that faith gets dubiously placed in a hurry.  

we have to know the arena we are dealing with.  the tropics are not mid-latitude cold waves and cyclogenesis parameteric handling, therein... those are going to be comparatively better handled, because they are giant physical processes in the atmosphere and relative/comparative to the tropics, are immovable at permutation - it takes more to modulate their complexion from run cycle to the next.  oh, they do sometimes/often enough lead us to distraction.. ... but to D 4 in the tropics is like ... i dunno D 7 ? something like that...   

22 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Going on a limb here, but being awed by the power of an extreme event is one thing.  I think the criticism is to gleefully call for something that involves life, death, pain, and misery for thousands (not saying you're wishing for that!), that is something else.  

Wishing for a crippling snowstorm is something else entirely.  No (or at least very limited) harm no foul in those events.

not to nose in and/or be a prig ... but, several pages of this thread already heatedly went down this debate's path a while ago, and as usual... no side was assuaged of their point of view.

heh. which would never happen on an internet social-media outlook no matter how cogent and informed, and lucid one side's points are so why bother... 

Archived