Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

good point here.

that whole sag in the track guidance out there is unusual.  In fact, I recall having posted about that philosophy just yesterday or the day before in here, how it really seems the destiny of Irma is increasingly prone to error until it unfolds beyond that 'sagging' ...

I second the good point.  Take a look at the EPS members.  The dots along the short term of the track really widen the eventual outcome.  A small shift in the WSW track really widens out the fan at the end of the run.  Will be interesting to see how far she gets in the next day or so....

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I think the biggest wildcard is if it moves more south than expected the next 2 days which almost always seems to happen when a tropical system takes on a component south of west.  Rarely does it not end up more south than guidance had 2-3 days in advance.  That will throw a monkey wrench into the entire downstream forecast for sure if it happens 

I agree.  I commented on that very fact last night.  Taking it further south than progged could put it further away from the influence of the ridge and allow it to continue its westward movement for a longer period of time.

4 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I second the good point.  Take a look at the EPS members.  The dots along the short term of the track really widen the eventual outcome.  A small shift in the WSW track really widens out the fan at the end of the run.  Will be interesting to see how far she gets in the next day or so....

The good news is that the Hurr models for the most part aren't really biting too hard on the SW movement and IMO those are always better to use through 48 hours.  

13 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Exactly.  Massive change for one op run.  We are still 8-9 days away from any potential recurving.  The Euro op is all alone among the major globals with that run.  I'll bet the 00z is way west of this run.

Big changes on one run fitting more into the ensemble picture and climo-just saying.  We're in our 70s and we can probably count on one hand the major impacts we've lived through.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Even if it hits then first.. every piece of guidance crushes NE. This ain't any Isabel. Mets have outlined so damaging for NE

Who?  Tip called you on your BS implicating him in that group when he was clearly talking NYC LF.  But who said we get crushed with a lower MA up to Chesapeake LF?

Archived