Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile.... the NHC tropical outlook brings "Jose" up to a 70% chance of development.   Perhaps if Irma develops are large outflow it would prohibit Jose from developing.  Not sure how much spacing in between but at 240 hours the GFS has Jose in the vicinity of Hispaniola heading westbound...  Busy September inbound...

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

The wind on east side regardless of LF

Exactly, how did I get roped into not understanding tropical systems? I just quoted what I assume was a typo. 

As TCs transition wind will typically move east and rain west, but if it stays warm core (which it most likely would into the Mid Atlantic) the wind won't extend that far east. You want a Sandy type transition to really blow the wind field up to the east. We had tropical storm force gusts all the way up here from Sandy.

well.. in any event.. .the stuff about the LF wind field's affect more locally was:

1  ... added to the forward speed of an accelerating cyclone

2  ... in deference to a NYC strike which was more endemic to an earlier model run.

If this thing goes into Ch. Bay that obviously (shouldn't need to be said) changes the landscape quite a bit.

Archived