Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Gas is up like 50-75 cents a gallon in like 3-5 days here.

Will probably cruise past 3$ before it's all said and done 

Refineries are already claiming they have been shutdown and can't process fuel and gasoline because of flooding and lack of power, They will take it to the extreme and full advantage of it and then some, That's why we have reserves, And they are fully stocked, Its gouging at its finest and taking advantage of a disadvantage.

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Not yet. But hey....we all love winter and how many people die in accidents from winter weather? I was just as bothered by the scenes out of TX like anyone else, but I was rooting for Harvey to intensify rapidly. If nothing else, then to see it defy all current guidance that we have.  I like when we think we know everything about weather and then Mother Nature comes along and says f*ck you. 

Amen.

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol at equating any winter storm to Andrew.  Of course you rooted for it to max out it wasnt sitting in Boston Harbor. 

Show this post the families of those who perish in winter storms.

Like we said....we have chosen to live in a region that is not prone to intense hurricanes.

Everyone has that same choice.

11 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Show this post the families of those who perish in winter storms.

Like we said....we have chosen to live in a region that is not prone to intense hurricanes.

Everyone has that same choice.

I still don't get how people in Seattle live there...that's a disaster waiting to happen.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Easy for a white middle income suburban raised person to say. 

Very easy.

There are plenty of low income areas that are off of the ocean, and/or higher in latitude.

I'm not sure why you can't wrap your grey mane around that.

Ironic that the vast majority of beach front property is out of the price range of that demographic. 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Easy for a white middle income suburban raised person to say. 

I mean, I'm not exactly drowning in wealth. If anything, with my work it would probably be easiest for me to move to some southern state with a lower average cost of living that happens more likely to experience intense hurricanes or some other natural disaster we don't (typically) experience here, but even then I can't imagine I'd be buying beachfront property.

3 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Is it still going OTS? ;)

Very well may.

I'm not sure what your fascination is with me, but the next time a tropical system passes bodily over the cape verde islands, I will favor an out to sea scenario once again (95% likelihood).

Anyone using anything other than climo/probability forecasting at 13 days lead time is an idiot.

Archived