• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

Nice change on the 12Z GFS.  Hopefully out to sea she goes...    I know the weenie part of me always wants a nice storm but we don't need another major.  We have debated this many times on these boards and no need to do it again... but  sometimes think I need a shrink.  The weather weenie part of me always loves a big storm and then the emotional sane part of me reminds me of the horrible catastrophe that  ensues.....

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hazey said:

The general takaway from this(and that's all that can be used at this lead time) is that the Northeast US and the Maritimes are very much in play.

Eh, 11 days out...I'm not sure you can say that with any confidence. With that logic anyone from Jamaica to Newfoundland is in play.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

HeyI don't mean to be a Debbie...but it seems like the confidence is a little high in this thread.....you really need to wait several more days. 

I think In the next 4-5 days we can say with good confidence whether she fishes or hits the US.  We need to get inside a week out 

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Out past truncation so taken with a grain of salt, At least something interesting to track

Irma gif.gif

Certainly an odd angle of approach.

Unorthodox solutions of of that nature are more often than not a step in the model's evolutionary process of reconciling the pantheon of displayed possibilities with the ultimate reality of a whiff.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Certainly an odd angle of approach.

Unorthodox solutions of of that nature are more often than not a step in the model's evolutionary process of reconciling the pantheon of displayed possibilities with the ultimate reality of a whiff.

It is, And Sandy was as well, Odds still do not favor a LF in New England.

Archived