Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

8 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

I guess many of you would love to see your house get blown away, never understood why people root for hurricanes so much even weather junkies. 

Oh good, the morality argument is back...

If all hurricanes were goal post splitters like this one is apparently going to be, what would be the fun in tracking them? Face it, 'canes are a lot more interesting when they become Andrews, Katrinas, and Harveys. No one's going to remember a category 5 hurricane if it impacts nothing along the way.

It's horrible watching the damage, but it's what fuels the hobby...

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

If all hurricanes were goal post splitters like this one is apparently going to be, what would be the fun in tracking them? Face it, 'canes are a lot more interesting when they become Andrews, Katrinas, and Harveys. No one's going to remember a category 5 hurricane if it impacts nothing along the way.

Not a morality argument just no one wants a strong cane in their hood, do you?

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Not a morality argument just no one wants a strong cane in their hood, do you?

The way I see it, every kind of stormy weather has destructive potential. If we wanted to get rid of it, we'd just have rotating sunny and mild followed by some rain/snow (depending on season) then and again, and that'd make following weather boring.

16 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

That is debateable, enjoying high wind events and damage are two different things. It would be easy to confuse the two however as you need damage to notice high winds. It is a side effect rather than something we want.

I have only wishcasted for damage one time and that was for a good cause, to wake up climate change skeptics.

6 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

The way I see it, every kind of stormy weather has destructive potential. If we wanted to get rid of it, we'd just have rotating sunny and mild followed by some rain/snow (depending on season) then and again, and that'd make following weather boring.

Answer the question 

4 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

That is debateable, enjoying high wind events and damage are two different things. It would be easy to confuse the two however as you need damage to notice high winds. It is a side effect rather than something we want.

I have only wishcasted for damage one time and that was for a good cause, to wake up climate change skeptics.

Why damage never occurred in the 1600S,? ever hear of the colonial hurricane, pretty silly reasoning 

3 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

No. (to your question) Just saying having 'canes to track toward the coast is what makes the hobby more interesting.

Agree, the debate was over your casa like DIT pretends. Believe me Kev would regret ever thinking and wishing if anything ever happened to a family member. Experience and age changes perspective.

The eps is showing track through the Herbert box.  Normally the development so far north and east is death (5 percent climo prob) but the wsw motion makes this more interesting than your typical cv taking a west to northwest track through the central atlantic.  I think the high amplitude trough misses to the north if it can keep closer to the farther south progs.  

2 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

I guess many of you would love to see your house get blown away, never understood why people root for hurricanes so much even weather junkies. 

My house won't get blown away.

It's like living in New England and crying about blizzards...don't live there.

Every region has natural risks. 

I don't control the $hit, so bring that crap to OT.

We're here to discuss weather.

I'll root for interesting weather.

Archived