Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Weather 7/13-7/14

NJwx85

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Going to be wrong. This one is a North of 78 special.

Not this far north-the far north edge of the shield is weakening.   I like 78 to 287 for the best stuff.   I think it's right that SW CT is largely done with anything significant.  (We got about an inch here from the 2 days, so that's good enough)

52 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Going to be wrong. This one is a North of 78 special.

Already over an inch here this morning, and like I mentioned in the other thread, that batch looks juicy.  It should hit my area hard again, as well as other parts of northern NJ.

another S NJ severe jackpot-never ends down there!

Best storm I've ever seen, hands down. And that includes the tornado I saw in 2012 in MD. SPC nailed that supercell down here. Ping pong ball sized hail for a while, and I think I had a small tornado, or at least a circulation pass over me. Winds went nuts and shifted directions a couple times.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, SmokeEater said:

Best storm I've ever seen, hands down. And that includes the tornado I saw in 2012 in MD. SPC nailed that supercell down here. Ping pong ball sized hail for a while, and I think I had a small tornado, or at least a circulation pass over me. Winds went nuts and shifted directions a couple times.

There was some really decent rotation that didn't last that long on that cell. I thought NWS was going to issue a tor warning for it. Even almost developed a hook. 

2 hours ago, SmokeEater said:

It looked really good on radar.

Archived