Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Severe Weather 7/13-7/14

NJwx85

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I'm legitimately pissed. This is the severe weather equivalent to February 10. Congrats to philly and south Jersey. Big time in coming  there!! Watch the wantagh meso come in with another .01

Hahaha literally not a drop IMBY.  Dark clouds have passed by and I even just saw the sun peak through!

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

Looks fairly dry behind this batch-models show more developing but not sure it happens....stable airmass coming in from the NE by midnight...

We have had a few drops in Manhattan and that's it. The airmass has stabilized big time too. Temps are way down. I'm not throwing in the towel for some strato type moderate rain this evening but 3" and flash flooding just isn't going to happen now 

2 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

We have had a few drops in Manhattan and that's it. The airmass has stabilized big time too. Temps are way down. I'm not throwing in the towel for some strato type moderate rain this evening but 3" and flash flooding just isn't going to happen now 

HRRR showing redevelopment of storms in a couple of hours-not sure I'm buying it.   Backdoor front is now into eastern CT as well, once that moves through, I'd think we're done.

hrrr_ref_frzn_neus_3.png

In Port Jefferson temp down to 73 after quite a robust storm. Wind was the best part bc it made the firehose rains blow in nearly sideways fashion. Odd, I lost my fan/AC and thankfully restart of car cured that. Guy next to me left his pickup with windows open. 

9 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Really wild how the storms are exploding again central suffolk out east, remarkable. About 10 miles to my east/ne is getting slammed. Still 0.00 in the bucket here, although its probably closer to 0.01...

The winds were basically offshore today, not really any strong southerly push to stabilize everything.  This was one of the better setups for coastal areas you'll ever see before about 815-8/30 when the water is usually warm enough that even a south wind does not matter.

4 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The winds were basically offshore today, not really any strong southerly push to stabilize everything.  This was one of the better setups for coastal areas you'll ever see before about 815-8/30 when the water is usually warm enough that even a south wind does not matter.

Yea, i was out in Riverhead all day and it was in the 90's, no relief out there. 

6 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The winds on the island were out of the SW all day.

Archived