Dano62
Severe Weather 7/13-7/14

NJwx85

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

Yeah tomorrow could actually produce better in our area than today

For the majority of us all that would require is more then .1". Not hard to do. I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that Manhattan at least where I am on the uws made it through this with some drizzle. This has to do with the urban heat island in some way shape or form

2 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

For the majority of us all that would require is more then .1". Not hard to do. I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that Manhattan at least where I am on the uws made it through this with some drizzle. This has to do with the urban heat island in some way shape or form

I think Forky is right it was just bad luck being between 2 areas of storms.    Starting to get a bit of redevelopment here, some showers starting to pop overhead....

12 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Yea. It annoys me when the east end of the island gets crushed by storms that pop up just east of me. It's infuriating. 

25 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

I said north of Putnam and south of Atlantic City we're going to do well it happened across northern westchester and south of Toms River instead. Look for the same setup tomorrow 

7 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

It wasn't just south of toms river. 20-25 miles south of the city did well

And central and eastern Suffolk got slammed 

1 hour ago, forkyfork said:

it was just an unlucky sucker hole between two convective clusters

DIX.DSP.20170714.0338.gif

I don't know if I'd call if "unlucky".  The CAMs were all over it so something about where the forcing was and where that meant the subsidence would be played against the five boroughs.

6 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Used to happen to me all the time when I was living down in DC.  Go into the MA forum and mention "DC split" and see what kind of reaction it provokes :lol:

16 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

This band is dropping buckets of rain. I'm not even getting the worst of it and it's still pouring. Flash flood warning will be needed soon.

WUNIDS_map?station=OKX&brand=wui&num=6&delay=15&type=N1P&frame=0&scale=0.21257088846880906&noclutter=0&showstorms=0&mapx=400&mapy=240&centerx=1019.9875500222322&centery=306.361493997332&transx=619.9875500222322&transy=66.36149399733199&showlabels=1&severe=0&rainsnow=0&lightning=0&smooth=0&rand=25000579&lat=41.06000137&lon=-74.13999939&label=Ramsey%2C+NJ

Dropped over an inch by me in butler this am . Yesterday I had 0.0

Archived