Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 9-16 Severe Weather/Heavy Rain Potential

Hoosier

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

I always recommend the old fashioned rain gauge. Use the dipstick and the tube and you will be 100% accurate. And of course it's WAY more accurate than asos for melting snow.

If the router didn't error and disable half of my LAN devices, it would be nearly dead accurate. That was just really bad luck that it went down there.

It pisses me off too, I'm trying to get a good personal data set and **** like that screws it up.

The temp/camera/humidity/pressure are unaffected, but the rain gauge was.

The camera is on the left, the precip/anemometer/UV is on the right.

Sky2-and-STORM-2-e1468106657589.jpeg

Our anticipated severe weather threats for the last 5 days had some significant tornadoes and other significant reports for 7/9, 7/10, and 7/11. Then things were kind of random in the last couple of days. It looks like there were more severe weather reports in Massachusetts than Iowa on Wednesday.

7uXfAW5.png

Lincoln_Wind_Damage-MirandaGalvin_1.jpg

Surprised this hasn't been posted here yet but among the central Illinois storm damage Monday night was this scene in front of a McDonald's and a Bonanza Steak House 3 miles west of ILX's offices (this is near intersection of IL-10 and old Bypass 66/Business I-55).

All of this happening about 50 miles south of the original south part of the watchbox (although Logan County/Lincoln eventually got locally extended into it--but that watch should have been locally extended into Springfield later--it wasn't--and maybe perhaps even all the way to as far south as Effingham to be on the safe side).

http://www.weather.gov/ilx/2017-07-10_Tor

12 minutes ago, Tim from Springfield (IL) said:

Lincoln_Wind_Damage-MirandaGalvin_1.jpg

Surprised this hasn't been posted here yet but among the central Illinois storm damage Monday night was this scene in front of a McDonald's and a Bonanza Steak House 3 miles west of ILX's offices (this is near intersection of IL-10 and old Bypass 66/Business I-55).

All of this happening about 50 miles south of the original south part of the watchbox (although Logan County/Lincoln eventually got locally extended into it--but that watch should have been locally extended into Springfield later--it wasn't--and maybe perhaps even all the way to as far south as Effingham to be on the safe side).

http://www.weather.gov/ilx/2017-07-10_Tor

Wow, the storm did some good ol' fashioned cow tipping.

Nothing tornadic, but at least something to keep an eye on this afternoon. From Dan McCarthy at IND:

Good Morning all, just analyzed the 12Z soundings from ILX and ILN and noticed that mid level lapse rates are 7.4 - 7.7 C/km at mid levels with a nice drier layer of air above 850 md to near 600 mb. This sets the table for whenever storms develop the possibility of damaging winds and hail. The SREF plumes indicate that the ensembles raise probabilities for precipitation for IND between 2:00 pm today to 2:00 am Monday morning, with the peak period being 5:00pm and 12:00 am.

3 hours ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Thunder/lightning woke me up around 4 or so. Storms rapidly weakened, only ended up with .05

Yeah, a few reports south of the WI border, but looks like things weakened pretty quickly.

No rain here.

170715_rpts_filtered.gif

Archived