Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NBC 10

Tom

On 7/7/2017 at 11:07 PM, Tom said:

Is Glenn leaving?  Saw he is no longer Chief Met, he is one of the good ones hope he doesn't leave.

What exactly is a chief meteorologist at a tv station? That is like saying chief news anchor, or chief sports reporter.

3 hours ago, tmagan said:

What exactly is a chief meteorologist at a tv station? That is like saying chief news anchor, or chief sports reporter.

I think it just means he/she gets the "final say" on snowfall predictions/rain/ and the 5,7,10 day forecast. The other Mets have some say but the chief Met gives the final word. Could be completely wrong though...

On 7/7/2017 at 11:07 PM, Tom said:

Is Glenn leaving?  Saw he is no longer Chief Met, he is one of the good ones hope he doesn't leave.

Here's why Glenn 'Hurricane' Schwartz is no longer NBC10's 'chief meteorologist'

" A spokesperson for NBC10 said the title was given to Souza because of her role leading the station's 11 p.m. weather forecast. Schwartz, who was born and raised in Philadelphia, leads the 11 a.m., 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. newscasts."

"Glenn's not going anywhere," the NBC10 spokesperson said."

http://tinyurl.com/y72gsf5m

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, snowwors2 said:

They're really bad anymore...

have switched my allegiance to 6ABC as they really do a great job explaining current conditions and forecasted situations......

Now back to my summer hibernation...

see you in November!!

Yep, I'll never understand ch10's new fascination with area temps. This isn't 1975. If I want to know the temp somewhere, I'll ask my phone -- no need to wait for the evening news. As I said before, I doubt this is Glenn's idea, it's probably the brainchild of a producer. Glenn is too talented a met to spend his time reviewing temps.

On 7/28/2017 at 8:49 AM, JTA66 said:

Yep, I'll never understand ch10's new fascination with area temps. This isn't 1975. If I want to know the temp somewhere, I'll ask my phone -- no need to wait for the evening news. As I said before, I doubt this is Glenn's idea, it's probably the brainchild of a producer. Glenn is too talented a met to spend his time reviewing temps.

I think Glenn hates the new format crap....he's getting up there in years. Probably thinking retirement, who cares....I'm done.

BTW: I'm more on the 6ABC bandwagon as well these days.

Archived