Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Summer Thread

mreaves

Looks absolutely brutal going forward

Today
Mostly sunny, with a high near 71. West wind 7 to 11 mph.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 53. Northwest wind 3 to 6 mph.
Independence Day
Mostly sunny, with a high near 70. Calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
Tuesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 53. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 76. Light and variable wind.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 56. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the evening.
Thursday
A 30 percent chance of showers after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 76. South wind 6 to 8 mph.
Thursday Night
Showers likely, mainly after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. South wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Friday
Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. Southwest wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Friday Night
Showers likely, mainly before 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 58. Light west wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Saturday
A 40 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 70. Northwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 52. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 72. Light west wind.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eyewall said:

Burlington Fireworks tonight:

19621130_10104501295764119_1522957407436

19601298_10104501295814019_7927327000513

19601160_10104501295749149_5109723024763

Nice. That is about the extent of my fireworks for this year. The 90lb dog turns into a lap dog at the sound of a firecracker going off so my evening was spent in the bedroom with the door and windows closed and the AC running to drown out the sound from the Thunder Road show down the street. 

Nice. That is about the extent of my fireworks for this year. The 90lb dog turns into a lap dog at the sound of a firecracker going off so my evening was spent in the bedroom with the door and windows closed and the AC running to drown out the sound from the Thunder Road show down the street. 

Sorry to hear that. I am sure local kids won't make it easier today.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Happy 4th fellow NNEnglanders.   What an epic day.   Temps here in the upper 70's, dews around 50F.  Few Cu just to make the sky interesting.

Saw this picture of Hampton Beach NH.  Thousands of people yet about half a dozen all the way in the water!  Guess water in the 50's will do that.  I'll take the lakes today....

NHampton.jpg

Happy 4th fellow NNEnglanders.   What an epic day.   Temps here in the upper 70's, dews around 50F.  Few Cu just to make the sky interesting.

Saw this picture of Hampton Beach NH.  Thousands of people yet about half a dozen all the way in the water!  Guess water in the 50's will do that.  I'll take the lakes today....

NHampton.thumb.jpg.1afed667daaff9a876e240b72e5a9d02.jpg

Uh, no thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

On 7/4/2017 at 5:25 PM, wxeyeNH said:

NHampton.jpg

I was at Acadia the past few days.  They put the water temp on a sign as you approach the steps to Sand Beach.  51° was the water temp on Monday and yes there were a handful of peeps fully in the water and swimming.  I went in up to my ankles after a hike and holy fooking hell was it unbearably cold after a half minute

Emptied 0.54" from the status this evening...must've rained hard for a bit because there was standing water again in the neighbors yard.  We certainly did not get that at the mountain today, I'd guess maybe a quarter inch at most up at the ski resort, likely even less.  Good thunder and lightning at the ski resort but it seemed like the storms were blowing up over the Spine and then depositing their rain payday on the eastern slope.

Almost like the mountains gave that extra lift to initiate stronger updrafts and then the storms drifted east off the mountains depositing the bulk of the rain fell on the eastern slopes of the Adirondacks and Greens.  Interesting meso-scale stuff to see that in both the Adirondacks and Greens. Some localized PWS were showing 1.5-2.5" of rain. In our local area there was some real heavy stuff north of here in central Lamoille County and I also noticed some heavy echoes over J.Spin's spot on I-89 that seemed to rot there.

July7_zpszmjdfarb.gif

Fun to have 4 different lines to track throughout the day.  Each one had thunder and at least some rain, though none were overly sustained and heavy.  Half inch to an inch type stuff over 4 storms.  Posted this in the "Convective Thread" but think the NNE thread should have some action too, ha.

Can hear distant thunder with the approaching line of precipitation.

This is the 4th line to traverse the area today!  It is pretty crazy to have 4 different areas of precipitation of the linear variety pass through.

Nothing more than some heavy rain and some thunder...but sort of like going getting 4 hits in baseball with 3 singles and 1 double.  Solid effort and a very active day.  No memorable hits, though.  Solid soaking across the area again.

8:30am

July8_8_30am.GIF.7e3b87655e559d88a6c34b958d7f2e8c.GIF

I was at the ski resort on the upper elevations of the Toll Road (along the county line on the rad image) and this was the most impressive of the four today for me.  Small branches and water runnels on the ground.

This next one was around 2pm in the afternoon and had some very vivid lightning and thunder, with the heavy stuff remaining southeast of the ski resort...though decently heavy rain did clip the generally Village area.

July8_2pm.GIF.667b85d7436d7090bd541a71f2d740c2.GIF

Some distant thunder with this line...least impressive at home, but the office got another couple downpours.

July8_6pm.GIF.a35f5ac9bdd59dceaacef07d14be95fb.GIF

Now I've heard more thunder and it just started pouring.  This is the radar from a little while ago while it was approaching.

July8_10pm.gif.ac2a5dace9e8b9d8130fc12d9631fe64.gif

Jeez,  so much going on.  This 30 minute or so time lapse from around 730pm this eve  (Wednesday)  East wind at my elevation but all kinds of stuff going on in the clouds.  Winds seem so variable above.  Showers now popping up to my SW and North.  Outflow boundaries from storms around?  Backdoor cold front trying to push through.  I have no idea.  Timelapses show so much more that the eye does not notice!

https://video.nest.com/clip/2351e2ce6b6e4d5c949eabf95b83cf3f.mp4

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

Jeez,  so much going on.  This 30 minute or so time lapse from around 730pm this eve  (Wednesday)  East wind at my elevation but all kinds of stuff going on in the clouds.  Winds seem so variable above.  Showers now popping up to my SW and North.  Outflow boundaries from storms around?  Backdoor cold front trying to push through.  I have no idea.  Timelapses show so much more that the eye does not notice!

https://video.nest.com/clip/2351e2ce6b6e4d5c949eabf95b83cf3f.mp4

Nice. 

I wish I had run a time lapse today.  Had some good views of the cells popping all around me.

Been in a cloud for over two days now.  Haven't been able to open the zipline (3 zips, 2 miles, 2,100 vertical feet drop) yesterday or today...dense fog from base to summit with heavy at times misery mist. 

This fog has been some of the thickest I've seen in quite a while.  It has been like 100 foot visibility at times.  The temps ranging from 49F to 56F (summit to base) made for a lovely mid-July day with jackets, pants, hats and even gloves.  We sent the staff home than drove the UTV around the mountain packing it up for the night.  But honestly can't remember a pair of days with such poor visibility and weather conditions lasting for a full 48 hours in mid-summer. 

19989507_10103077932690080_6250153970560

19989240_10103077973268760_3339755239041

Just now, eyewall said:

No exact totals. I was just looking at radar trends. It will be interesting to see what JSpin picked up.

It didn't start raining here in Montpelier until 2:30 or so, though colleagues in Waterbury were saying it looked like the windows were being sprayed with a fire hose before it hit here.  It did get really dark and then when the raid started it got to the point where it looked like a nice snowstorm from a visibility standpoint, less than 1/2 mile vis at times.  seems to have stopped for now.

7 minutes ago, eyewall said:

No exact totals. I was just looking at radar trends. It will be interesting to see what JSpin picked up.

I'm not home but around Stowe the meso-sites are 0.5-1.2" or so.

Oddly enough the station at the top of the Gondola at 3,625ft is the lowest at only 0.2" and looking at radar estimated totals that fits with the heaviest a couple miles east of the Spine. 

See Bolton Valley with only 0.09" though still raining.

5 minutes ago, mreaves said:

It didn't start raining here in Montpelier until 2:30 or so, though colleagues in Waterbury were saying it looked like the windows were being sprayed with a fire hose before it hit here.  It did get really dark and then when the raid started it got to the point where it looked like a nice snowstorm from a visibility standpoint, less than 1/2 mile vis at times.  seems to have stopped for now.

MPV with 1.31" in an hour.

Thats a good drink.

Highest I've found is 2.10" so far between Warren and Montpelier in the hills there by Roxbury Gap.

Archived