Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
July 2017 OBS

yotaman

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday was also the first day the heat index topped 100 here at PGV this year....we hit 93/72 with a HI of 101.

Saw several thunderheads to my south at 6am driving into work, hi res model fire another west to east line in NC this afternoon mostly keeping everything in the southern half of the state.

3 hours ago, downeastnc said:

Yesterday was also the first day the heat index topped 100 here at PGV this year....we hit 93/72 with a HI of 101.

Saw several thunderheads to my south at 6am driving into work, hi res model fire another west to east line in NC this afternoon mostly keeping everything in the southern half of the state.

re:HRRR - just saw this...

NashSevereWx @NashSevereWx 13m13 minutes ago

Left: the HRRR model. Right: what's actually happening. I don't believe you, HRRR model, and I have hope for outdoor activities tonight.

DD1LzyYV0AA9TDE.jpg
DD1MIF2UwAEPPOf.jpg

95/70 at PGV makes this the hottest day of the year so far, previous highest temp was 93, pretty cool that its early July and that's as bad as its been so far....heat index is only 101, by this time last year it was 105-110 or better every single day for weeks on end lol.  Most models have a cool down period by mid month and nothing outrageous between now and then, fairly typical summer weather in store for most.

Archived