Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2017 OBS

yotaman

2 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

GSP seems to think today could be pretty stormy for a lot of us. Hope this pans out!

RAH takes 4 paragraphs to explain this...

"...Difficult forecast concerning the convective initiation and development this afternoon and tonight..."

Meanwhile, it's 93/79 = 110 here in Clayton/Smithfield.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, AJF0602 said:

Cape is already extremely high over eastern NC. Here in Jville this humidity is rediculous was outside a few mins and shirts already soaked with sweat.

yeah you could say that lol...no shear till later today into tomorrow bu usually when we come off a 3-4 day temp streak like we are on its can get pretty explosive.....

5974dc5da561f_sbcp(2).gif.bcf428455a456e5ad7338981889b5cef.gif

29 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Nice line of storms cruising through central NC.  Very windy, lots of lightning and thunder here in Wilson.  1.53" so far. 

I lucked out. My grass needed mowing but it has been a bit hot for this guy to go out there. I don't like to mow in the early morning because the wet grass tends to leave clumps. Late this afternoon heavy storms moved just to the north and south of me. When I say a bit I mean I saw it rain hard on the other side of the street for about 30 seconds.  My yard stayed dry.  The temperature dropped from 96 to 75.  I decided to take a shot at mowing. Got the whole yard done under an overcast sky with mid-70s temps. Now off to buy a few lottery tickets.

Finished up with 1.77" and lots of lightning and thunder.  Temp dropped down to 70 F, now back to 72 F but still not bad.  A very pleasant summer evening thunder storm, although I suspect there was some severe weather damage as a result of that line.

39 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Finished up with 1.77" and lots of lightning and thunder.  Temp dropped down to 70 F, now back to 72 F but still not bad.  A very pleasant summer evening thunder storm, although I suspect there was some severe weather damage as a result of that line.

Four mobile homes burned up in a trailer park north of Tarboro. It looks like it was spread by the gust front ahead of the storm in that area.

1 hour ago, jburns said:

I lucked out. My grass needed mowing but it has been a bit hot for this guy to go out there. I don't like to mow in the early morning because the wet grass tends to leave clumps. Late this afternoon heavy storms moved just to the north and south of me. When I say a bit I mean I saw it rain hard on the other side of the street for about 30 seconds.  My yard stayed dry.  The temperature dropped from 96 to 75.  I decided to take a shot at mowing. Got the whole yard done under an overcast sky with mid-70s temps. Now off to buy a few lottery tickets.

Buy a couple of those 30$ scratch offs y'all have!! That's just ludicrous!

12 hours ago, Solak said:

Run of the mill thundershower here. Grabbed about .50" Temp dropped down to 73. Was going to mow, but didn't want to dance with the lightning in the area before the rain came.

Bout the same here.  It was just great to get the temp into the low/mid 70s so the AC didn't run all night.

Archived