Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2017 OBS

yotaman

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, yotaman said:

10:40 AM and it is currently 93/79 HI at 110. Ughhhhhh.

Even though actual temps haven't been that excessive the dewpoints this year have been insane. I've never had so many above 75 I don't think and  I have recorded several 80 degree dewpoints...with a maX of 81...which is the highest I've ever recorded. 

Damn I hate summer. There is nothing good about it except storms and the tropics

1 hour ago, Lookout said:

Even though actual temps haven't been that excessive the dewpoints this year have been insane. I've never had so many above 75 I don't think and  I have recorded several 80 degree dewpoints...with a maX of 81...which is the highest I've ever recorded. 

Damn I hate summer. There is nothing good about it except storms and the tropics

My back yard accurite station is at 93 with a HI of 115 already today. The humidity is brutal.

1 hour ago, Cold Rain said:

Excessive Heat Warning for Wake and Cumberland counties today and probably tomorrow also.  I hate summer.

I can't wait till winter so we can get back to normal summer temps again.

I laughed a bit when I saw it, its hot but lets not get  crazy....yesterday RDU peaked at a 103 HI, we will see how high it gets today, PGV hit 107 yesterday and 110 a week ago and no excessive heat warnings and we are 70 miles from RDU.

2 hours ago, drfranklin said:

high of 98.1 yesterday (hottest of the year) with a low this AM of only 73.8 - hunkering down and dreaming of the first cool front in September (less than 8 weeks away) - I need to buy a house with a pool (seriously, does anyone have a pool and can comment on pool ownership?)

Yes, yesterday and today are rough temp wise! Just miserable! I hear pool ownership is tedious and expensive, but I've never owned one! Atleast we save the 20-30 degrees above normal for the winter time!

4 hours ago, downeastnc said:

I laughed a bit when I saw it, its hot but lets not get  crazy....yesterday RDU peaked at a 103 HI, we will see how high it gets today, PGV hit 107 yesterday and 110 a week ago and no excessive heat warnings and we are 70 miles from RDU.

Yeah.  And I don't understand how you have an excessive heat warning for just two random counties.

1 minute ago, Solak said:

81/77 at 8:00 here.

This is just miserable weather. The humidity seems to be getting me this year. I've done 60 hours straight this week at work and have 12 more to go tonight and the warehouse has been running in mid to.upper 90's.

4 minutes ago, Solak said:

After today, it should be at least tolerable. Maybe some relief from showers/storms. We have a 30% chance or better for the next 7 days.

The 6z 3knam has a decent line of storms at hour 20 moving through so I hope it's right.

Archived