• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

George BM

July Obs/Disco Thread

5 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Where are we doing obs for the super soaker? A small pop-up shower woke me up just now in Balt city. Brief heavy rain. 

I heard it too, must of been coming down pretty good for a bit. 

10 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

It is an amazing feeling late September day out.

I was thinking the same thing when I was grilling tonight. I love all seasons but there is something special when we start transitioning out of humid summer. Mid September through the end of Oct is one of if not the best periods of wx in the MA  

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Awesome new night at the ballpark.  One of the best things about this stretch is that we are killing off more time in the hottest part of the summer.  Tuesday is August!

Saw today that we're on the downward swing in terms of average high temp. That's in addition to all the daylight lost in July.

I'm ready for football and peak tropical. 

• Like 2

It's even nice down here in Myrtle Beach. ...got a nice north breeze. Getting ready to pop open a Fat tire..and of course brought PBR in nw Baltimore wx's honor..lol. I bet it was in the low mid 50s at home this am.

3 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Temps are busting a little on the high side in my area- currently 91 IMBY and weatherbug says its 90. My NWS said high of 84.

It was a nice morning at least...

Yes! made it to 88 here and feels like 91. Hoyt sun still doing well this time of year!

• Like 1

Little late, but here it is....

July numbers my location

3.13 inches of rain vs 4.01 inches average, a 0.88 deficit for month. Greatest was on the 29th with 0.83 inches falling. 11 days with measurable, zero T's and 20 dry days.

Average high was 85.6 degrees vs the normal of 84.7, a +0.9 above. Highest temp was 92.2 degrees on 23rd. Average low was 60.4 degrees vs normal of 61.5, a -1.1 below. Coolest temp was 55.0 degrees on the 30th.

Average temp for the month was 73.0 degrees vs normal of 73.1 degrees, a -0.1 degree difference.

Highest wind recorded was 28mph on the 15th.