joxey
July Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch -- from LWX afternoon AFD:

NEAR TERM /THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT/...

Sultry night on tap with increasing high clouds keeping temps up overnight. 24-hr model trends in temperature indicate a 2-4 deg F rise from last night meaning places like DC and Balt will not drop below 80F. In fact, Downtown Balt may only drop to mid 80s tonight.

15 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Is it me, or have the eastern Great Lakes region and into PA, Jersey, and New England had a lot more rain than we have in the last couple months? And I mean a *lot* more rain.

Random thought of the day

I can't speak to the whole region but I know that the southern tier of NY was in one of their worst droughts ever last summer, and they've more than made up for it this spring and summer.

33 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

!!

Where can you do a closer look?

Go to Current Weather on the LWX homepage

Zoom in to the area/station ID you want -- DCA

Hover the mouse over the station (the circle or dot thats there next to the temp) and then click graph

Change the starting time to whatever you want it to be (like I used 2pm) and then click apply

27 minutes ago, yoda said:

Huh... DCA clearly shows 4 different 99s on the NWS EDD... and the chart shows its above the 98.5 mark.  Interesting

I'm almost certain that the ASOS is sending the unrounded C level on the high-res data.  So, 98 degrees is 36.7C.  But the 5 min data is sent as 37C, which if you convert from there it goes to 98.6, which gets rounded to 99.

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

18z Gfs shows Tues/Wed highs in the 70s for mby...can't wait ..even if it's overdone. Ef this heat. 

Currently 89/76 after a high of 92

I'm pretty excited. I have an outdoor painting project. Looks like prime weather for that. The best thing is the ens are in full support of the conus ridge centering over the 4 corners d10-15. Doesn't mean below normal temps every day but it does mean NW upper level flow. We could be in for a rare 5+ day stretch of lower dews. I don't mind 90 with 60 DPs. That can be pleasant. Low 80's in the evening on the patio with dews in the 50's kicks ass too. 

I hate heat. I really hate heat. That is unless it's extreme heat and crazy dews. I'm kinda interested in tomorrow. I might make an exception to my heat hating for big heat. It's pretty impressive out there right now. It's a jungle out here in the woods. I've got frogs climbing on the fogged up windows lol

2 hours ago, dailylurker said:

I hate heat. I really hate heat. That is unless it's extreme heat and crazy dews. I'm kinda interested in tomorrow. I might make an exception to my heat hating for big heat. It's pretty impressive out there right now. It's a jungle out here in the woods. I've got frogs climbing on the fogged up windows lol

I've had that a couple times this summer, but I do live next to the wetlands. I'll admit, one thing this region does well is oppressive humidity. We never bust on that one.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived