Newest Member
    joxey
July Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

So what else is new. First day of our camping trip and it rains washing out our late afternoon/evening campfire and other activities. It has been a jinxed camping season so far. On a positive note I am opening a new business. For a mere $200 a day I will camp in your backyard guaranteeing you rain within hours. For those experiencing drought conditions this is a must do.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come to Dale City. I guarantee your camping trip will NOT get rained out. We are in the beginnings of a million year drought. By the time it is finally over, every tree and lawn in north Virginia will be DEAD forever, and people will be walking across parts of the Potomac River. Water will have to be transported INTO the region, and there will be wars fought over water. Then the mass migrations will start as desperation intensifies.

15 hours ago, Jebman said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come to Dale City. I guarantee your camping trip will NOT get rained out. We are in the beginnings of a million year drought. By the time it is finally over, every tree and lawn in north Virginia will be DEAD forever, and people will be walking across parts of the Potomac River. Water will have to be transported INTO the region, and there will be wars fought over water. Then the mass migrations will start as desperation intensifies.

Would be interesting to see who's jinx would be broken. Of course you could be risking biblical flooding if my jinx holds out. :)

11 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Would be interesting to see who's jinx would be broken. Of course you could be risking biblical flooding if my jinx holds out. :)

I would absolutely LOVE Biblical flooding! I would love it if a Cat 5 'cane hit OBX then went overland, the winds died to 30-40 mph but the rains intensified, and then the storm went stationary southwest of Dale City!!!!! I'd get massive rainbands for days and days! I'd be dancing in the rain and watching the creek levels rise:wub::wub::wub:

Not sure why it cooled off so much, but I WILL take it, currently 60.1 at 8 am after a 57.2 low. Pulling the T-Tops out of the Aerocoupe and heading to the BRP in Lexington and up north on Skyline Drive to probably Thornton Gap (maybe all the way to FR if traffic allows) for the day after I log off here. Hoping the haze isn't too bad for a few pics.

13 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Haven't seen an Aerocoupe for a while on the road ...Pontiac or Monte Carlo with Aerocoupe? Have fun!

Yep, 87 Monte Carlo SS. Black/Gold with tan interior. All still works, 90% original  (first owner ruined trans and fact rebuilt went in). I call it my '20 footer', looks amazing from that distance, you get up on it and see a few blemishes. Fun to drive and ALWAYS attracts a crowd. Actually a funny story from today. Stopped at the overlook where they have the falcons, which was closed off, must be some 'young'uns' in the boxes? After taking a few photos walked back to car and a guy mentioned a bear, so I went over to where he was standing and sure enough a momma and a cub were walking in the woods and away from us, I did get one decent pic of the cub. In all the commotion of maybe 8-10 people trying to get a pic I hear "HEY, Dan, it IS an Aerocoupe!" I look back and sure enough a woman is standing at my car looking inside of it while all the rest of the people are bear chasing lol.

EDIT

Hmmm. No ob or discussion. OK, it was nice up on the mountain, nasty back down in the valley heat wise.

From lwx afd

HRRR is showing convective
development in the I-95 corridor around 23Z. For now do not
think we`re looking at a severe weather scenario - perhaps a
brief period of heavy rain. We will continue to watch.

29 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Some nice showers setting up in Carroll and Baltimore counties. Of course it's just to my south...lol

First missed me north and east. Hoping for the second blob developing just west of me.

22 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

6th consecutive day of 90+ at the house. Not a trace of rain thru that period.  Need some luck. Front yard is now gone. Back yard left a week ago. 

My yard is hanging tough because we've got a naturally high water table here, but the birch is dropping yellow leaves which is usually the first sign that it's getting too dry.

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Some real gully washers literally a few miles to my east, and over into central DE. Up to an inch over the past hour there. I managed to catch the edge as it briefly built westward. 0.12", better than nothing I guess.

Those storms in DEL are putting out a crazy outflow boundary. It's heading west. Hopefully it fires up new storm.

31 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Those storms in DEL are putting out a crazy outflow boundary. It's heading west. Hopefully it fires up new storm.

Yup quite visible on radar. New storms have fired up in Queen annes and Kent counties. There is also a heavy rain area like 2 miles north of me. It is what it is, but damn i was so close to getting a deluge and an inch+ of rain. Instead I got just over a tenth.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived