Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Yep! Enjoying a view out the window. Today's storms were really weak on lightning. 

That's not these over the last hour!  Best summer show since 2012 imby!

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Had a nice rainer just now. Good thunder and distant lightning too. 

There was some damage from the other storms around here earlier. Will post a pic when I can. 

There was a report from a spotter in Chillum reporting roof shingles blown off I believe

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

Bah - 4 (almost 5) rounds of showers/storms, and I come away with all of 0.30" for my first rain in a week.

My sad total in the middle.

GetMap_aspx.gif.b3dac95823cf6d4bd803c11218c872b5.gif

That sucks. It's hard to watch good rains so close by, but I suppose 0.3" is better than nothing.

I'm right about where the 1.00" is to south of Fairfax City, and I'm honestly surprised we didn't get more than the 1.31" that shows up to the east. It poured a few times, and we had a fairly constant rain for an hour or so. No complaints, though. I'm more than happy with the precious and how the storms cooled us off.

Hey MN that is a cool way to see rainfall totals.  Where do you get that (I see the link is here on Americanwx but couldn't figure it out)?  It's a lot easier to see amounts than on the LWX radar-indicated map.

LWX is hinting at this evening's round being mainly north of our area -- I hope northern MD doesn't end up missing north after missing to the south yesterday and last night!

My total was 0.9 and I'm ecstatic with that.  First rain in more than two weeks other than sprinkles.

19 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Hey MN that is a cool way to see rainfall totals.  Where do you get that (I see the link is here on Americanwx but couldn't figure it out)?  It's a lot easier to see amounts than on the LWX radar-indicated map.

LWX is hinting at this evening's round being mainly north of our area -- I hope northern MD doesn't end up missing north after missing to the south yesterday and last night!

My total was 0.9 and I'm ecstatic with that.  First rain in more than two weeks other than sprinkles.

CoCoRaHS.org

Go to the maps link up top and I prefer the classic view 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived