SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got home from a trip to the barn in Round Hill. On the way out while on 340 drove right into that line from earlier. The wind and rain was crazy. Got to just before the bridge crossing into VA and all traffic was stopped. We sat stopped for about 40 min. When we finally moved saw that a tree had fallen across 340 right at the bridge and landed on a car. Smashed the windshield. Crossed the bridge and there were branches and leaves all over the road. I really felt bad for all of those people who were tubing at the time the storm hit. They had to have gotten hammered. 

11 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Just got home from a trip to the barn in Round Hill. On the way out while on 340 drove right into that line from earlier. The wind and rain was crazy. Got to just before the bridge crossing into VA and all traffic was stopped. We sat stopped for about 40 min. When we finally moved saw that a tree had fallen across 340 right at the bridge and landed on a car. Smashed the windshield. Crossed the bridge and there were branches and leaves all over the road. I really felt bad for all of those people who were tubing at the time the storm hit. They had to have gotten hammered. 

I think that goes without saying.

3 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

OK, running the sprinklers for four hours this morning was my version of a rain dance, and it worked.  Nice t-storm passed right over giving me 0.6 and dropping the temp to a luscious 70.  First real rain since July 5-6.  Some wind gusts of 40-50, and a few rumbles.

How about that line coming into the MD panhandle -- does that hold together for later?

Looks like more rain for you 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived